• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Our street was plowed overnight but only a few cars have come down it by noon. It is a pretty main artery out of Sherwood Forest in WS. Residents of the side streets can't get to it. It's a start. Sunshine might have to take it from here.

Our road hasn't been plowed but Matt walked up to pleasant ridge rd and it was totally clear so best guess is most of the main and secondary roads in GSO may be clear. Our road seems to be melting despite not having been plowed. Should be fine by tomorrow at the latest.

Major roads are clear in Winston. My neighborhood is a clusterfuck though. I failed getting out with my rear wheel drive car, spent an hour+ chopping up ice, got it back in the garage, and made it out with my wife's front wheel drive.

People should have no problem getting in to LJVM for the game tomorrow.

Our road hasn't been plowed but Matt walked up to pleasant ridge rd and it was totally clear so best guess is most of the main and secondary roads in GSO may be clear. Our road seems to be melting despite not having been plowed. Should be fine by tomorrow at the latest.

Yes, main roads are clear. My route to work is neighborhood roads to Cornwallis to Elm. Cornwallis and Elm have been fully cleared.

xnsvb7.jpg

Roads in Durham are clear for the most part. Drive my wife's 4WD Jeep into downtown this morning from 85 N and most roads were clear. Only trouble spots were getting out of the neighborhood safely and then a couple icy/slushy spots in parking lots, and turning some corners where the snow had been plowed into piles. Work catered in Jimmy Johns, can't complain about a free lunch!

I'm currently stuck in my apt on Park rd. Top deck of a parking deck is a skating rink. Already 2-3 accidents and a car stuck in the middle so I can't move anyway. Dumbass 2WD cars...

I live off Park too - I didn't even bother our lot is in the shade and a disaster.

eta: english is hard.

Last edited:
Our street was plowed overnight but only a few cars have come down it by noon. It is a pretty main artery out of Sherwood Forest in WS. Residents of the side streets can't get to it. It's a start. Sunshine might have to take it from here.

Peace haven towards clemmons hasn't been plowed. There are several section of snow/ice.

It's 56 degrees in HP. That temp is making everything pretty awesome outside.

Some miserable SOB stole my snow shovel late this morning - in broad daylight, while it was leaning against my garage.

Our neighbors seem to be having a shovel the street party. I still have some work to do as evidenced by posting here, but my old lady is out there helping (or at least out there). How poorly does this reflect on me as a man/neighbor by not joining in?

Some miserable SOB stole my snow shovel late this morning - in broad daylight, while it was leaning against my garage.

And my wife laughed at me when I suggested we should put our shovels away.

Our neighbors seem to be having a shovel the street party. I still have some work to do as evidenced by posting here, but my old lady is out there helping (or at least out there). How poorly does this reflect on me as a man/neighbor by not joining in?

By taking care of your business and refusing to mingle with the commoners it makes you look like a leader, not a follower. An alpha male. So I would say it reflects well on you.

Honest question, I am expecting a very important letter, should have come yesterday. For some reason, mail delivery is still not happening in winston. My street is completely clear, with absolutely no issues and they still didn't fucking come deliver the mail today. Does anyone know if mail has started at all in winston? Any chance it starts back tomorrow? Sorry for the random question, but the shitty usps website doesn't say anything.

What the hell! No mail on our street, busy road, 27104, zero snow or ice in the road. Only reason they wouldn't have come is to avoid wet feet. I blame [Redacted].

What the hell! No mail on our street, busy road, 27104, zero snow or ice in the road. Only reason they wouldn't have come is to avoid wet feet. I blame [Redacted].

Maybe you didn't get any mail?

I know at least one thing I should have gotten today didn't get here, there were probably delays between cities/regional centers/etc.

Maybe you didn't get any mail?

I know at least one thing I should have gotten today didn't get here, there were probably delays between cities/regional centers/etc.

I know for a fact I had items coming yesterday.. Local letters sent from offices in the city. Oh well maybe tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Mac, you seem like a salty dude. I hope that's just your e-persona, because I would worry about your blood pressure.

Back