• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs sign Josh Howard - Am I dreaming?

Yeah, the same Josh Howard they passed on in the draft. Now they get him a decade later, after lots of miles, and a couple of injuries.

Regular season NBA roster (so not Teague/Johnson) - have two Deacs ever played for the same team at the same time? I feel like we are missing someone obvious here at work. Quick research shows that Rodney was a Hornet the year Chris was drafted but was traded in February of '05. A little help . . .

The Spurs drafted Leandro Barbosa that year and traded his rights to Phoenix for a future pick. I have no idea what even became of the future pick.

This is fantastic news! I actually woke up this morning thinking about how great that speech he recently gave was. So incredibly heartfelt and moving.

Frank Johnson and Muggsy played together in Washington '87-88.

The Spurs drafted Leandro Barbosa that year and traded his rights to Phoenix for a future pick. I have no idea what even became of the future pick.

Essentially Nazr Mohammed, but there are like half a dozen steps to get there.

now sign James Johnson. He'd be the perfect Dujuan Blair - without the feathery touch, fast hands, and killer floater. But ... he does have two ACLs.

Me thinks we'll see James Johnson in a some sort of boxing thing in 15 months ...

Honestly, all the culture warriors who continually shit on Josh Howard can suck a fat one. How could you watch that video and not love J-Ho?

I don't think it is cultural warriors who shat anywhere near Josh Howard. I think it was the folks so conservative the have an American flag rolled up tight and stuffed up their ass. The "outrage" was over the stupid national anthem thing coupled with his dismissal of the worst President in American history (George Bush).

But don't let me stop you from your cultural warrior narrative. We "run with what brung us" as Bum Phillips used to say

I don't think it is cultural warriors who shat anywhere near Josh Howard. I think it was the folks so conservative the have an American flag rolled up tight and stuffed up their ass. The "outrage" was over the stupid national anthem thing coupled with his dismissal of the worst President in American history (George Bush).

But don't let me stop you from your cultural warrior narrative. We "run with what brung us" as Bum Phillips used to say

The funny thing is that the dude was 100% right about the War in Iraq. JHo was harangued by a different set of cultural warriors (who certainly overlap with this current set), so I'm not sure it's accurate to claim that the outrage started and stopped with the flag and the war. Basically, everything he did on and off campus was put under a microscope for the four years (and before AND after) he was here...

I don't really have the time or the gumption to go back and match up the posters who ate/eat the WF "culture" argument up with a spoon (especially since they're so few and far between these days), but there's definitely overlap with the Josh bashers.

The "cancer" stuff was said during his sophomore year in order to defend Odom.

Back