• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs sign Josh Howard - Am I dreaming?

Josh is washed up. Insignificant signing. Not sure he'll even stick on the roster for long. Hate to say it, cuz I've always loved watching Josh play. I didn't like the way he was run out of town in Dallas. He hasn't recovered from that mentally, and physically he doesn't have the tools anymore.

It's low risk, high reward for the Spurs. If we can get 20 games of decent minutes in relief of Leonard, it's probably worth it.

nobody quit in the butler game worse than howard. not even odom.

He will be surprisingly effective backing up Kawhi. If healthy. They know he can check 1-legged Wade and they also have 0 backup SF (Green, Diaw, others are not SF).

Now if they can find a backup C to Splitter, they can do some real work this year. I guess Tim slides over to C when Splitter goes to the bench.

Josh is washed up. Insignificant signing. Not sure he'll even stick on the roster for long. Hate to say it, cuz I've always loved watching Josh play. I didn't like the way he was run out of town in Dallas. He hasn't recovered from that mentally, and physically he doesn't have the tools anymore.

He might have a spot. Unless they use Bellinelli or Manu at SF, they really don't have a back-up for Leonard.

If he quit against Butler, I forgive him bc he came back and carried the Deacs on many, many occassions.

His senior year was one of the finest of any Deac, Duncan included. He was the best player in college basketball night in and night out. Better than D Wade and David West

That didn't last long. Hope he got some cash.

What happened? Failed physical?

Was he pro-Obamacare? Express his displeasure with Ted Cruz?

Reactions: TBR
The basic theory is they signed him and waived him to get and retain his D League rights. Other teams have done the same thing with other players.

Would a veteran like Josh play in the D League?

Save it for the Tunnels if you want to go off about politics. You can skip the Bush bashing and I'll skip the Obama bashing and we'll talk sports.

I don't think it is cultural warriors who shat anywhere near Josh Howard. I think it was the folks so conservative the have an American flag rolled up tight and stuffed up their ass. The "outrage" was over the stupid national anthem thing coupled with his dismissal of the worst President in American history (George Bush).

But don't let me stop you from your cultural warrior narrative. We "run with what brung us" as Bum Phillips used to say

Read that spurs will send him to d-league Austin torso after clearing waivers, then see if he can work his way back to game shape there.

I was going to say to dream quickly.

I'm a Josh Howard fan, and will always be one. He carried us.

The Spurs D-league team actually has decent fan support. I like Josh's chances.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said the move gives Howard a chance to get in shape and find a path back to the NBA, with the Spurs or another team.

“He’s just trying to get in shape and see what his body feels like and see if he can play at a level that would be advantageous for him for another team he could go to,” Popovich said. “I think he’s making a great effort to establish that and not worry about how things look, but just trying to get back in the game.

“I think it shows good character on his part to do that and not worry about what people are thinking.

Back