• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Standup Comedy

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
Who are some of your favorite comedians doing standup today?

Seeing Michelle Wolf here in Philly tomorrow night. Louis CK is the best I've ever seen live, followed by Chris Rock.

Neal Brennan's latest on Netflix was great.

not sure if it counts as stand up but there's this guy on the Tunnels who does a spot on rich, cranky old white republican routine that just slays

I wish Rolling Stone would publish a list so Moonz could link it to us.

Haven't seen a lot of standup sets, but did see both Louis CK and Chris Rock at Bonnaroo in 08 and they were fantastic. Chris Rock was actually on the main stage rather than the comedy tent and served as the opening act for Metallica. So that was quite the one-two punch.

Then at Bonnaroo 2012 saw Marc Maron and Amy Schumer was his opening act -- she blew him out of the water imo, and not a lot of people knew who she was. I had seen her Comedy Central presents half hour special so was looking forward to her. Now she's a huge star.

I like comics across the spectrum from alternative to big time to sketch/improv. Really liked the movie Don't Think Twice, with some of my fav improv/comedians. Mike Birbiglia is great, Chris Gethard is one of my favs.

Ali Wong had the best special of 2016 IMO

If I had to name a top 10, I'd go...

1. Richard Pryor
2. George Carlin
3. Lenny Bruce
4. Louis C.K.
5. Chris Rock
6. Joan Rivers
7. Jerry Seinfeld
8. Bill Cosby
9. Dave Chappelle
10. Mort Sahl

I saw Steven Wright at Wait Chapel in ye olden days. I still think of that as the best show I've ever seen.

He may be the poster child for millennial angst and therefore age inappropriate for me, but I really dig Bo Burnham.

Jim Jeffries is a current fave.

Though not a "favorite" I was impressed by Trevor Noah's newest Netflix special. He has some raw talent, especially for voices, that he doesn't get to really show off on TDS.

Eddie Murphy also deserves mention even if not for his current work.

Chappelle, obvi.

The list goes on, I do love me some stand-up comedy.

Lewis Black in Wait Chapel was fun. We had just gotten Pittsnoggled and first thing he came out and made fun of us for fucking up his bracket and then was like shit I just said fuck in a church in the South.

Ali Wong had the best special of 2016 IMO

I liked the Ali Wong set as well.

I dig comedy and will give most of the new netflix specials at least 5-7 mins to see if they have anything. Wong was a nice surprise.

Neal Brennan's 3 mics is new on Netflix, its comedy but almost more of a 1 man show. Its really good. For those that don't know him, he is the classic 'guy behind the guy': was Dave Chappelle's long time co-writer and directed a lot of Chappelle's Show, wrote for Parks and Rec, and also was the guy that told Fallon he should get the Roots for his house band.

Love the Comedy Greats channel on XM for long rides in the car.

Wife asked me the other day whatever happened to Demetri Martin. I said I thought he was trying to become a Serious Actor, but I wasn't sure.

Back