• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Standup Comedy

I'm legit surprised that some donk hasn't said Mitch Hedberg.

Jim Jeffries is my current favorite. Also like Schumer, Black, Chappell, Louis CK, Hanibal Burress (his brief show sucked, but his stand-up is great) and Gervais. Kinda like Natasha Leggero too.

I can't get behind a female comic. They try too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerry seinfeld is legit good; guy is so sharp and has the confidence of 10 million #winners at this point

based on the lists people were posting, being alive didn't seem to matter.

Steven Wright,"If you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?"

I can't get behind a female comic. They try too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh? I can see maybe saying Sarah Silverman tries too hard. But Schumer, Leggero or Nikki Glazer? All 3 are legit funny and are not forced in any way. Would also have liked to have seen Aubrey Plaza do stand-up when she was doing that briefly for a Judd Apitow thing just because I'm a big fan of hers.

I like Jackie Kashian.

I love standup, I go as often as I can. My favorite working stand up comics are: TJ Miller, Anthony Jeselnik, Tracy Morgan, Rachel Feinstein, Nick Kroll, Kyle Kinane, Kurt Metzger, Tom Segura, The Sklar Brothers, Matt Braunger, Maria Bamford, Todd Barry, Dave Attell, Nikki Glaser, Nate Bargatze, Amy Schumer, Brooks Wheelan, Dana Gould, Hannibal Burress, Ron Funchess, Alonzo Bodden, Nick Thune, Todd Glass, Rory Scovel, Hampton Yount, Gary Gulman, Paul F Tompkins, Wyatt Cenac, Jim Norton, Jimmy Carr, Aparna Nancherla

Huh? I can see maybe saying Sarah Silverman tries too hard. But Schumer, Leggero or Nikki Glazer? All 3 are legit funny and are not forced in any way. Would also have liked to have seen Aubrey Plaza do stand-up when she was doing that briefly for a Judd Apitow thing just because I'm a big fan of hers.

I don't know if its considered "trying too hard", but Schumer has definitely become a one-note, "I'm going to say things that hopefully will shock you because I'm a woman" comic.

Reactions: ITK
comedy tends to be pretty capitalist; bad comics don't get multi-season tv shows, a movie and extended light in the cultural zeitgeist

kevin james has made an entire career on just being a fat, marginally funny guy

Back