• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Standup Comedy

ImTheContrarian would be a good name for you if the board ever collapsed and we couldn't get our old names back. I really do get a kick out of the argumentativeness.

Why did the least funny posters on the boards decide the standup comedy thread was a good place to start a pising match?

Anyone seen any low key comedians lately that I should check out? Looking to broaden my stand up game.

Why did the least funny posters on the boards decide the standup comedy thread was a good place to start a pising match?

Anyone seen any low key comedians lately that I should check out? Looking to broaden my stand up game.
These are all new and on Netflix:

Anthony Jeselnik -Thoughts & Prayers

Bill Burr - Walk Your Way Out

Neal Brennan - 3 Mics

Jimmy Carr - Funny Business

Michelle Wolf was great, and I really liked her opener, but his name escapes me. I guess she sold out the next two nights, but the crowd was a little small last night.

Feature: James Hesky

Host: Matt Tsang

It's impressive how often ITC is wrong yet continues on. Palma usually just drops and moves on, water off his back. ITC just lives in it and makes it part of who he is.

Last edited:
Trumps <3 Rogan, James, Larry the Cable Guy, etc etc etc. This is what the rubes find funny.

I will defend Sandler as funny, even though he has mailed in eleventy million movies at this point. His SNL stuff /old comedy tapes stand up.

Also Eddie is the GOAT. Dude needs to take some of that crazy Netflix $$ and give us one more.

To me the list of GOAT would include:

Richard -there's nothing like seeing him or Robin in a club
Robin - totally insane and great-especially sweating in a small club
Jonathan Winters- amazing improv
Carlin
Rock over Eddie

Agree as to Pryor and Rock. But I thought Carlin went downhill and got too judgmental in his later years.

Eddie Izzard had some amazing routines in the late 90s early 00s

vkxKg.gif

Any Doug Stanhope fans around here? He's definitely not for everyone but I find him to be friggin hilarious.

Here's Bill Burr talking about Stanhope.

Eddie Izzard had some amazing routines in the late 90s early 00s

Dressed to Kill is 1 of the best routines ever. I've seen a few others, a couple that were pretty good and a couple that were so-so. The thing about Izzard is you have to pay close attention because sometimes it's a little tough understanding him, and he is often making references back to earlier jokes and also historical references.

Trumps <3 Rogan, James, Larry the Cable Guy, etc etc etc. This is what the rubes find funny.

I will defend Sandler as funny, even though he has mailed in eleventy million movies at this point. His SNL stuff /old comedy tapes stand up.

Also Eddie is the GOAT. Dude needs to take some of that crazy Netflix $$ and give us one more.
IYO how is Rogan trump supporter comedy? Pretty far stretch to compare Rogan to Larry the Cable
Guy.

I really like both of Brian Regan's stand ups that are on Netflix. I don't like him just because he's clean, but I do respect him for it.

Last edited:
Back