• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread

Watched this over Thanksgiving weekend w/ my daughter... Came upon it by accident and it was great.

It's a five episode miniseries, so you probably have more to watch. If I remember correctly, the first ep parodies Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. The second ep is Revenge of the Sith. The third ep is Star Wars Rebels and A New Hope. The fourth ep is Empire Strikes Back and the fifth is Return of the Jedi.

There are other Lego Star Wars miniseries as well that are all pretty funny. Droid Tales is the only one that tracks directly with the movies though.

One of my favorite scenes is from the fifth episode from when Luke goes back to Dagoba. It goes something like:

Yoda: "A sister you have."
Luke: "Leia."
Yoda: "Wise in the force you have become."
Luke: "No, she's the only girl I know."
Yoda: "Yes, few women in our adventures there are. Fix it next time we will."

All of the Phantom Menace stuff is gold.

new Star Trek trailer debuting at new Star Wars movie

mind-blown.jpg

and as previously announced, the first x-men apocalypse trailer will be debuting there

gonna be a cool day for trailers

I've decided I'm bringing ear plugs so that I can choose to rest during the prequels. It'll be 4am and I'll be in no mood for some gd jar jar antics.

I've decided I'm bringing ear plugs so that I can choose to rest during the prequels. It'll be 4am and I'll be in no mood for some gd jar jar antics.

But he's Darth Jar Jar now & makes the prequels that much more important.

Got my tickets the day they went on sale. 12/17 @ 10:30 @ the grande. The grande's earliest showing is at 7:00 PM on the 17th.

Oh man, I know Fox News is not exactly known for reporting facts, but that discussion of Star Wars was truly bad even according to their low standards. only one of them appeared to have any clue that George Lucas was not directing the movie.

I can't believe that's a real thing that's on tv and that those are real people.

Lawrence Kasdan had a cool quote on why and how we should expect Episodes VII-IX to have varied feels to them.

http://www.slashfilm.com/lawrence-kasdan-star-wars-episode-8/

These movies will all be so different. [“Episode VIII” director] Rian Johnson is a friend of mine — he’s going to make some weird thing. If you’ve seen Rian’s work, you know it’s not going be like anything that’s ever been in “Star Wars.” You couldn’t have three more different people than J.J., Rian and [“Episode IX” director] Colin [Trevorrow]. Those movies will have the “Star Wars” saga as their basis, but everything else will be different. Then Phil Lord and Chris Miller are going to make the Han Solo film and I can’t guess what that will be like — and I’m writing it!

I didn't realize Episode 8 comes out in 18 months.

It's a five episode miniseries, so you probably have more to watch. If I remember correctly, the first ep parodies Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. The second ep is Revenge of the Sith. The third ep is Star Wars Rebels and A New Hope. The fourth ep is Empire Strikes Back and the fifth is Return of the Jedi.

There are other Lego Star Wars miniseries as well that are all pretty funny. Droid Tales is the only one that tracks directly with the movies though.

One of my favorite scenes is from the fifth episode from when Luke goes back to Dagoba. It goes something like:

Yoda: "A sister you have."
Luke: "Leia."
Yoda: "Wise in the force you have become."
Luke: "No, she's the only girl I know."
Yoda: "Yes, few women in our adventures there are. Fix it next time we will."

All of the Phantom Menace stuff is gold.

The killing of Jar Jar was quite amusing.

The killing of Jar Jar was quite amusing.

My wife and I have enjoyed these as well. All the little subtle jabs. Its always nice to see they don't have a problem making fun of their own property.

With this, I now officially go into lockdown mode. I'm not clicking anything that says "Star Wars" until after around 9:30 pm next Thursday, including this thread.

Back