• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread

"I thought little Anakin stole that movie."

That's hilarious.

I remember walking out of TPM feeling so confused. Like, "I was supposed to like that, right? Everyone else seems to..." And then I watched ANH and realized the difference between a good and bad movie.

JJ Abrams was on stern last week and said he hates when movies spoil themselves in their own trailers. I am hoping that he is saving us from ourselves and has some tricks up his sleeves.

I probably shouldn't say this, but there is a brief summary of the first 20 minutes of the movie out there on the Internets. I won't post a link though.

I also ran across an interesting Disney XD promo with new footage. It was essentially introducing little kids to Star Wars.

I remember walking out of TPM feeling so confused. Like, "I was supposed to like that, right? Everyone else seems to..." And then I watched ANH and realized the difference between a good and bad movie.

Yeah. At first I tried to rationalize it by the idea that I had seen the original trilogy as a kid and that's why I was disappointed with Phantom Menace. But then I just honestly admitted that it sucked.

It's not that spoilery.

I read somewhere that the international trailers have more "spoilery" footage since the American market really just needs shots of the old stuff like the Falcon, X-Wings, TIE Fighters, Han, Chewie, etc. to get excited. but since it's not as big abroad you have to sell the whole movie to audiences to get them to go see it.

Yeah. The Chinese market wasn't nearly as open during the original trilogy and it is huge now.

super_meh_superman.gif

Back