• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

How many damn Jedi escaped Order 66 that they’re still actively hunting them 10 years later

Not many compared to how many there were.

I did see speculation that the Jedi from Fallen Order could show up.

We only know of a few. Obi-Wan, Kanan from Rebels, dude from Fallen Order, the guy from Ep 1 of Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka if you want to count her.

Getting tired of Leia's kid character. They do realize that the people most likely to watch this are middle aged dorks, right? We don't need the kid thing for added cuteness. This isn't 1983 where you feed us some Ewoks to check off that box. I'm tired of that little shit. She needs to be put in time out with a dunce cap.

The Inquisitors also are caricatures. No idea what they're like in the cartoons or books or whatever, but they're so over the top with their pettiness. Plus it doesn't help that they apparently didn't actually hire people who could act to play them.

Apparently you missed the memo that George Lucas aimed star wars at 12 yo's.

Apparently you missed the memo that George Lucas aimed star wars at 12 yo's.

No shit. 40-45 years ago. But he isn't producing or directing this one, though you'd never know it with some of the bad acting and the dumb kid shit.

ELC not wrong about the villains imo. I've warmed up to Reva a bit by episode 3, but was very put off by how childish she was in the first episode and how stiff her dialogue is. Very similar feeling to the Kylo Ren character whose troubled teen act made the character much less intimidating. I can't tell if it's the acting or the writing or both but it doesn't stick the landing and she ends up coming across like a kid trying to run around in an adult's shoes. My coworkers who have delved into the extended universe have informed me that the Inquisitors are a group that squabbles and back stabs and is petty. I guess it's just hard to nail the nuance of a bad ass that is conflicted.

The blue guy from Boba Fett is prob the best villain the rebooted SW has had imo. Sucks they only had him in like 3 scenes across 1.5 episodes.

No shit. 40-45 years ago. But he isn't producing or directing this one, though you'd never know it with some of the bad acting and the dumb kid shit.

No shit. They are still NOT aiming star wars ONLY at you. Move on or get over the stuff they add for multiple ages.

ELC not wrong about the villains imo. I've warmed up to Reva a bit by episode 3, but was very put off by how childish she was in the first episode and how stiff her dialogue is. Very similar feeling to the Kylo Ren character whose troubled teen act made the character much less intimidating. I can't tell if it's the acting or the writing or both but it doesn't stick the landing and she ends up coming across like a kid trying to run around in an adult's shoes. My coworkers who have delved into the extended universe have informed me that the Inquisitors are a group that squabbles and back stabs and is petty. I guess it's just hard to nail the nuance of a bad ass that is conflicted.

The blue guy from Boba Fett is prob the best villain the rebooted SW has had imo. Sucks they only had him in like 3 scenes across 1.5 episodes.

This is a great post because you seem to get exactly what they’re trying to do but hate it.

Padawans who turn to the dark side are like “troubled teens.”

Leia is a child being groomed to be a senator who ends up leading a rebellion as a teen.

Yeah every villain in Star Wars is cartoonish and immature. That’s their whole thing.

really? I don’t feel that way about darth vader, the emperor, or even the imperial officers who were competing for favor in the original trilogy. I don’t think it’s asking too much to have an intimidating main villain but ok!

i don’t mind what they are doing with kid Leia even if she isn’t my favorite thread so far. kids are supposed to be kids and the franchise does actually have a history of childish heroes (Luke and Han immediately come to mind) that demonstrate growth as time goes on

Something interesting I’ve seen and heard from people who go to conventions and such is that Hayden Christianson is really popular among the millennials who grew up with the prequels. That’s their Star Wars. Gen Z’s reference point is going to be the sequels and the Disney+ shows.

for some reason decided to burn the time before the game on phantom menace and attack of the clones cause it was on TNT. I hate sand

really? I don’t feel that way about darth vader, the emperor, or even the imperial officers who were competing for favor in the original trilogy. I don’t think it’s asking too much to have an intimidating main villain but ok!

i don’t mind what they are doing with kid Leia even if she isn’t my favorite thread so far. kids are supposed to be kids and the franchise does actually have a history of childish heroes (Luke and Han immediately come to mind) that demonstrate growth as time goes on

Star Wars is based on serials. The villains are cartoonish by definition

Star Wars has had long term planning issues for a while. Instead they try to shoehorn stuff together and while you can easily ignore most of it, it's a stark contrast to how Marvel is doing it.

The whole Leia and Luke making out scene is incredibly awkward now knowing they are brother and sister.

Obi-wan not recognizing R2D2 seems like a large leap of faith. But given that ANH came out first, what the prequels should have done was just not had R2D2 in any scenes with Obi-Wan.

Another problem is the rule of two with the sith. Granted that's more of an issue with the books but Darth Bane established the rule of two after the sith were wiped out. And that rule has widely held true with a few exceptions. Darth Vader had an apprentice in the Force Unleashed (though whether that's canon or not...meh).

The inquisitors also violate the rule of two. I guess you could argue that they aren't technically sith and are merely force sensitive dark side wielders.

That said, I fully support the idea of the inquisitors. I think they are a really cool and welcome edition to the Star Wars universe. I just wish that there was a Kevin Feige type overseeing all the Star Wars stuff so they didn't keep stepping over their own lore.

I agree that it's not unreasonable to assume Obi-wan didn't know Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker. I was honestly surprised the inquisitors knew that though. I just imagined that Darth Vader would reveal himself to Obi-Wan.

I also don't think it's unreasonable to hide Luke with his aunt and uncle. I think it's pretty well established that Anakin never planned on returning to Tatooine and if he heard rumors of a boy living with his aunt and uncle, it seems reasonable to assume that it would just be his nephew, not his son.

I agree that the biggest issue is lack of a Feige type. Kennedy tried unsuccessfully. Filoni is probably their best bet at this point.

My impression was that they came up with the Inquisitors to get around the rule of two.

I agree that the biggest issue is lack of a Feige type. Kennedy tried unsuccessfully. Filoni is probably their best bet at this point.

Filoni is it. The d+ stuff is mini mcu without the movies so far. It's been said before but the making of the mandalorian s1 was really interesting about how Filoni, Favreau and the directors view their stewardship of the property.

And I agree about the inquisitors sidestepping the rule of two.

When Obi-Wan came out I had questions about how the pieces are going to fit together and my initial thought was "in Filoni I trust" but he seems to be uninvolved with this show. IMDB credits him with 2 "special thanks" and nothing more, not even an EP role. I don't get a sense he's steering the ship like a Feige.

Back