• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State has replaced Wake

I don't fault anyone for being BuzzOut, but I find it weird to see passionate Wake fans cheer against the players. Do u watch hoping that Devin doesn't make the block or that CJ doesn't make the three? Sure I wish we were State right now, but I still found myself pacing, yelling, and cheering all game long. Couldn't act another way.

I watch hoping Bz will be fired so these players will have an actual shot at success before their careers are over.

I don't think anyone is rooting against the Deacs. We just would like to see another coach lead our troops.

It was a great freshman class, led by Julius Hodge, combined with a decent upper classman, Anthony Grundy, that saved Herb Sendek's career at State. Will CJ and the Wake freshmen similarly lead Bzz to a long and Sendek-like career at Wake?

We're only three games in, but there are a lot of beatable teams in the ACC. Good luck to you guys.

State was never as bad under Sendeck as we are under Bz. Not even close.

Who cares. We aren't that bad now. I hope Bzzz proves us all wrong and Wellman can laugh in our faces.

Because that would mean we are good again.

I hope I win the lottery, and I haven't even bought a ticket. Now we've both hoped for two things with the same chance of happening.

Who cares. We aren't that bad now. I hope Bzzz proves us all wrong and Wellman can laugh in our faces.

Because that would mean we are good again.

Wellman is already laughing in our faces and Bzzz thinks he's proved us wrong.

All these wins over terrible teams are just more excuses for Wellman to sign Bz to a nice big 10+ yr extension. Thus, our program shall be doomed to a decade or more of mediocrity.
So no, we don't cheer against the players, but we do want a successful future, and I've not seen one team that has had long term success with this man in his coaching history.

All we need it an exciting young coach with energy like Virginia ... oh wait. Nevermind.

Racer, why would I put you on ignore? I don't agree with anything you post but there is a chance you may say something of value at some time and I would like to experience that also!

I honestly don't get why people worry about extensions these days. Coaches frequently get fired even when they have several years still on their deal. Without a large buyout, extensions are just for recruiting purposes.

This fan base is pathetic too often. Just enjoy a fucking win. It's a lot better than losing. If nothing else, enjoy it for the players and their families.
Or, try to make the Joel an intimidating place again. The last few games there have been great. The team needs all the help it can get.
They might just win in spite of [Redacted].

Yeah. It sucks. I almost felt awesome about winning today until I realized who we beat. I hate this feeling

Sent from my iPhone

Doubtful.

The guy who holds a decade long grudge against our program over a coach who left has a problem with fans who dislike a coach who has ruined our program...that's some fine Saturday night entertainment!

Yeah, State has replaced us, over the past 25 years while State has struggled to get to this point (and they can still screw it up), we've been in the elite of the league three times.

Gee,l I wish I was a State hoops fan. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't get why people worry about extensions these days. Coaches frequently get fired even when they have several years still on their deal. Without a large buyout, extensions are just for recruiting purposes.

Because it would look pathetic to give an extension to a coach for the worst 3 year stretch by one coach since we entered the ACC. We need to go 14-17 to barely surpass Staak's 32-54 (.372) in his first 3 years. That would give Bz a 35/59 (.372) record.

Maybe not you, but people are absolutely rooting against the Deacs. You can't post that you're upset we won if you're cheering that we win.

I am. My mom is. Most of my other wake friends are too.. It's for the good of the program.

Back