• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State has replaced Wake

Yeah, State has replaced us, over the past 25 years while State has struggled to get to this point (and they can still screw it up), we've been in the elite of the league three times.

Gee,l I wish I was a State hoops fan. :rolleyes:

Not sure I am following your point on, well, any of this.

I don't fault anyone for being BuzzOut, but I find it weird to see passionate Wake fans cheer against the players. Do u watch hoping that Devin doesn't make the block or that CJ doesn't make the three? Sure I wish we were State right now, but I still found myself pacing, yelling, and cheering all game long. Couldn't act another way.

I agree. I don't care for Buzz but today was the first time in quite a while that I really got into a Wake basketball game. Watching Devin and CJ play today was an absolute treat and I don't really care if it was against BC. BC is a better team that what most people think. They have improved alot. I really hope we can get more fans and students to come to the games because these guys deserve it.

We've won 5 f the last 6 games with the only loss coming at Cameron. The team is clearly improving and are fun to watch. Even though it's hard, it's time for some people to consider that they may be wrong about [Redacted]'s chances of being able to make us winners again.

I really like what I see from the players, but I would hardly call any of this being "coached up." It's fun when we win, and I'll admit that I was into the game today, but I think regardless of how many we win/lose that he still has to be fired. If they are winning and playing the way they are today with the anchor that is our lifeless, boring, miserable Coach [Redacted], imagine how much fun they'd be to watch if we had a real coach.

On another note, I'm pretty sure Bz could coach anyone to rebound like total dogshit.

What difference does it make if we win or lose a game or two? Why would anyone connect that, at this point, with some idea as to Buzz being here beyond this season? There is zero - and I mean dead zero - chance Buzz will be coaching Wake next season. How could anyone possibly even consider otherwise and actually waste time discussing the possibility? Holy shit people.

What difference does it make if we win or lose a game or two? Why would anyone connect that, at this point, with some idea as to Buzz being here beyond this season? There is zero - and I mean dead zero - chance Buzz will be coaching Wake next season. How could anyone possibly even consider otherwise and actually waste time discussing the possibility? Holy shit people.

May I introduce you to Mr. Ron Wellman?

Dude, the odds are becoming greater with every win that Bzzz is going to be here next year. You might as well deal with it.

If we somehow win 6 or 7 more ACC games, then there is no way in hell he is going to be let go.

Bz isn't going anywhere next season or anytime soon. There was a small window there after the Seton Hall loss where I thought Wellman's hand might actually be forced based on overwhelming fan discontent and $$$ reasons, but that window closed with the Mitchell commitment. At this point, we're well beyond "will he get fired at season's end" territory. If we keep ticking off wins, we'll be very quickly into "how many years will the contract extension be." Anybody who does not get this does not understand Wellman or WF sports culture in general.

If we keep playing hard and improving, and now with Shelton signed on and on the recruiting trail for some running mates, too, Buzz may be here a while. We're really just one more good big man and some strength and experience away from being very good for a while. I would think with our nucleus and with Shelton on board, we should be able to get a top big man.

I am very surprised at how well we are playing now given how bad we were in some earlier games. Not sure what our problem is in the first and last 5 minutes of games, though. I like that Buzz has turned up the heat and we are running and pressing. Depth and athleticism are definitely our strong points. Still have a shortage of consistent scorers and only one consistent rebounder who is a freshman. Those are two significant problems.

We've won 5 f the last 6 games with the only loss coming at Cameron. The team is clearly improving and are fun to watch. Even though it's hard, it's time for some people to consider that they may be wrong about [Redacted]'s chances of being able to make us winners again.

What exactly about a third consecutive losing season (probable) or a third straight season without meaningful postseason play (certain) is supposed to convince us that he can make us a winner again? Add to that the fact that our two best players this year, far and away, have been our lone holdovers from the Dino era, one of whom will be gone after this year, and one of whom there have been rumblings about, and it looks even less likely.

Over our last 7 games, starting with the Seton Hall collapse, we've scored a total of 488 points. Travis and Harris have combined for 262 (53.7%) of those points. Take out the UNCG and Furman games, thus limiting it to real competition, and that number jumps to 196 of 325, an astonishing 60.3%. What exactly about that screams "Turnaround," or "Hope for the future"?

I will give Bzz credit for this. He had done an absolutely masterful job of lowering expectations, far better than I had thought any coach would ever be able to achieve here.

What exactly about a third consecutive losing season (probable) or a third straight season without meaningful postseason play (certain) is supposed to convince us that he can make us a winner again? Add to that the fact that our two best players this year, far and away, have been our lone holdovers from the Dino era, one of whom will be gone after this year, and one of whom there have been rumblings about, and it looks even less likely.

Over our last 7 games, starting with the Seton Hall collapse, we've scored a total of 488 points. Travis and Harris have combined for 262 (53.7%) of those points. Take out the UNCG and Furman games, thus limiting it to real competition, and that number jumps to 196 of 325, an astonishing 60.3%. What exactly about that screams "Turnaround," or "Hope for the future"?

I will give Bzz credit for this. He had done an absolutely masterful job of lowering expectations, far better than I had thought any coach would ever be able to achieve here.

I have spread reputation around before giving it to you again but let me say well said.

Great post, OGB.

The absolute best case realistic scenario is that somehow we sneak into the tournament in 2016 when the freshmen are seniors and Mitchell is a sophomore. Then what?

What are we building toward?

State has a new coach and almost instantly becomes the new ACC giant killer. Wake hires an epically awful career loser, plummets to hell and celebrates wins over bottom feeders. #Buzzout

I believe SOCALDEAC has said this in several threads. NC State now is the destination for guys that do not go UNC or Duke. When it was WF by default.

I don't think anyone is rooting against the Deacs. We just would like to see another coach lead our troops.

I do think there are Wake fans who want us to lose games. They would tell you it's so they can expedite the firing process of Bz and aren't "rooting" against Wake but in some round about way for Wake to make the right decision.

I am not overly impressed with our recent wins by any means but I can't say I am unhappy that we've won games. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. I am still pretty firm Bz out. It did catch my eye where I read another poster wrote recently that if we won games in the ACC it wasn't a reflection of anything other then the ACC being down. I need to look back and try to remember who said it.

Great post, OGB.

The absolute worst case realistic scenario is that somehow we sneak into the tournament in 2016 when the freshmen are seniors and Mitchell is a sophomore. Then what?

What are we building toward?

Fixed that for you. You can't seriously be suggesting after watching the freshmen play their first 3 ACC games that their senior year ceiling is barely making the NCAA's, can you? After we tack on a top 5 point guard AND give him a full year of play?

NCAA sneak best case is next year, the following 2 years are setting up to be extremely high potential. Sign a PF to go along with Mitchell and you're looking at one of the best postseason opportunities in recent memory.

Back