• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stay John Collins!

That's why the 2015 class was good, and the 2016 class was awful (a big reason why this year's team sucks).

Given how early coaches contact recruits neither of those classes gave Manning as much time as he would normally spend on a class. 2016 was definitely a miss, at least in part because of the time and energy put into Giles.

Given how early coaches contact recruits neither of those classes gave Manning as much time as he would normally spend on a class. 2016 was definitely a miss, at least in part because of the time and energy put into Giles.

So, it's Harry Giles's fault that we're not good and 2019 looks like it will be a lackluster recruiting year?

Is anything Danny Manning's fault?

So, it's Harry Giles's fault that we're not good and 2019 looks like it will be a lackluster recruiting year?

Is anything Danny Manning's fault?

2016 recruiting class is his fault. This year’s performance is his fault. I don’t know enough about the 2019 class to say that it will be lackluster; it feels a little early to make that judgment. That would be Manning’s fault though and a major concern.

2016 recruiting class is his fault. This year’s performance is his fault. I don’t know enough about the 2019 class to say that it will be lackluster; it feels a little early to make that judgment. That would be Manning’s fault though and a major concern.

Yep

You completely missed my point, RJ. I agree with you that Manning appears to do a good job developing big men.

My point is that you are working back from cases that fit your conclusion when there are a lot of cases that don't (and, if that's how you're making your argument) and may undermine your argument.

What does "far more than his share" mean for your argument if we have nobody else to compare Manning's success as an assistant and as a head coach with?

Does Bill Self not get credit, too, for the development of KU big men in the NBA? If Self doesn't get sole credit as a head coach and Danny does as an assistant, then why does Danny also get credit at Tulsa and Wake as a head coach?

In no way does it undermine my argument. It's crazy to think anyone would ever get a 50% of more rate of players to the NBA like Danny did.

As to the concept of "more than his share", show me how many schools did better. I showed you about (or over) half a dozen lottery picks with NONE of them being ranked in the Top 25 coming into college. Show me someone else who did that much.

Bill Self gives Danny the credit. The players give Danny the credit. Who else is there? Does your opinion count more than those involved on daily basis?

What evidence?

Possession percentage is my feelings? Wow I have good feelings

Use the search to find it.

By the way, Collins played 17 and 20 min in the two games Thomas didn’t play due suspension.

By the way, Collins played 17 and 20 min in the two games Thomas didn’t play due suspension.

Too bad he didn’t play 35 in each or he would have made the all star game this year.

And he only played 17 in the first because he fouled out. In 17 minutes.

Last edited:

If you used evidence last week why didn’t you use any today?

And not sure what Collins playing when Devin was suspended has to do with them playing together. I’m going to need an explanation for that point

I posted evidence last week that Collins could have played more minutes as a freshman to debunk the foul trouble myth. Your response is feelings that he and Thomas couldn't have played together.

Do you have evidence of a team playing two high usage big men who operate primarily inside 10 feet at the same time?

Do you have evidence that freshman year playing time even correlates, much less is causal, to subsequent development?

[video]https://instagram.com/p/BfExJjNBqE8/[/video]

Back