• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stephen King Mafia - Civs Stage Comeback for W

So I have a serious topic I was to discuss. When and why did it become policy to reveal at the start of a round --- particularly an overnight round? Once you reveal, all discussion stops. This is a game of information with the smaller number of haves vs the larger number of have nots. Why would you want to stunt information if you are a civ? I realize I was but if I was I would have played it the same way.

Pulling a gooner and quoted myself. Not sure if everyone has me on ignore or what but anyone willing to discuss this? I think it's a -ev play to take discussion away from the civs and the early reveal does that.

See, word vomit is my nature. Just ask 03 and doofus after I died. I was stream of consciousness talking to myself in circles in chat

Pulling a gooner and quoted myself. Not sure if everyone has me on ignore or what but anyone willing to discuss this? I think it's a -ev play to take discussion away from the civs and the early reveal does that.

1) quoting myself is an essential part of my limited mafia repertoire

2) I don't think it's necessary that you reveal at the start of the round, but if you don't do that your early round behavior should match what your investigation was. You claiming a one shot that hit JTP but leading out on mako didn't make sense. Also I think 1-shot investigations should more often be revealed earlier because there's not much utility in holding that back since you've exhausted the power

There was actually less talk in mafia chat then I expected by like day 8 or 9 of uh wtf powers does the other Indy have?

There was actually less talk in mafia chat then I expected by like day 8 or 9 of uh wtf powers does the other Indy have?

I tried to raise it a couple times but kinda got blown off. Doofus was the only one that seemed interested. Again, I couldn't tell if Da was just busy (he was balancing 2 chats and communicating with you, so he was) or blowing me off because he didn't think it was important. :plos:

On an overnight round like that, I think it is good to hold the investigation a bit. Like gooner said, though, it didn't match with your earlier tone. Even if you had said "I got an investigation but want to go through some stuff first," it would have seemed more believable. The other tough part was that it didn't seem to make much sense that you got the power because PH died.

I do agree that an investigation reveal does seem to shut down discussion significantly. That probably would have been to your benefit as mafia, though.

I tried to raise it a couple times but kinda got blown off. Doofus was the only one that seemed interested. Again, I couldn't tell if Da was just busy (he was balancing 2 chats and communicating with you, so he was) or blowing me off because he didn't think it was important. :plos:

I dont think I responded or talked about the indy in either chat until I suggested it in maf 1 as a fake claim, and then in maf 2 trying to convince them i thought GM was actually the indy, Argued with doofus for like 10 minutes in mafia chat about it. I needed some cover after the JTP non-silencing thing.

I was hoping people would just forget since the indy wasn't doing anything.

Mine is an act playing to a label I gave myself back when I was like 40. Toogs was the original angry young man that got old and angrier. Still love him tho.

TBH, I always thought we were fairly close in age. I was surprised when I discovered you had a small kid. Not sure if that says something about me or you but nothing but love and respect from me.

You've got some years on me, but not as many as it may have sounded like. GM and I have a 20 month old and a 13 year old who can't play hockey right now, so we are accepting all the T's and P's we can get during this lockdown.

Also, best of luck to your son. I hope he has a full and swift recovery.

You've got some years on me, but not as many as it may have sounded like. GM and I have a 20 month old and a 13 year old who can't play hockey right now, so we are accepting all the T's and P's we can get during this lockdown.

Dang, that’s a spread. Our only one is 15 and he’s pretty self-sufficient.

I dont think I responded or talked about the indy in either chat until I suggested it in maf 1 as a fake claim, and then in maf 2 trying to convince them i thought GM was actually the indy, Argued with doofus for like 10 minutes in mafia chat about it. I needed some cover after the JTP non-silencing thing.

40jugl.jpg

We got lucky that I connected the dots on GM visiting JTP/was probably the biter, otherwise I probably would’ve believed her as Randall.

On an overnight round like that, I think it is good to hold the investigation a bit. Like gooner said, though, it didn't match with your earlier tone. Even if you had said "I got an investigation but want to go through some stuff first," it would have seemed more believable. The other tough part was that it didn't seem to make much sense that you got the power because PH died.

I do agree that an investigation reveal does seem to shut down discussion significantly. That probably would have been to your benefit as mafia, though.

Well, my fake claim had a connection to PH's character. That connection involved Da's character but being that specific didn't fit JTP, so..... I think I could have justifid the power if someone had asked. I was hampered by
1. no latenight chatters in the thread
2. my own logistics

TY. Yeah he lost his Sr season. He was capt and it sucks. The graduation is like a week-long event which is a blast and all that is trashed too. Sucks for a lot of folks right now but out of our hands. I'm a glutton for punishment as I left all my game alerts in my phone. Last weekend, I was reminded we were @U of Miami and then the Derby alert went off. Sucks.

Back