• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stephen King Mafia - Civs Stage Comeback for W

Knight is a runaway train. Once he gets going there is no stopping him. He initially talked about ryala, rw and then clearing one of us as a civ. Also asked a civ to clear and we gave him tejas, since we stole tejas's power to confirm he was truthful about his role. Then we nailed damo and ego took over. He went to damo and then started asking who else was mafia. It came down to Ph and someone else and I think da pushed him to PH

Sounds right

To be fair, I'm pretty certain 03 would post that list as a civ too. I mean, I get it. Even though I know it is useful for some people, I have never been able to get much out of that much volume. Oh, and shame on Eagles for a Saturday start. He should know better.

That and the d14 role were the only mistakes he made.

Eagles and I started the genesis of that idea like 100 years ago when I first started playing. We were trying to workshop different ideas and we wanted one where someone had access to mafia chat but wasn't mafia. He obviously put in the work to make it viable, and he has used it a few times over the years. Da played it very well. We never suspected anything. But we also never tried to use him for a hit.

Yeah. I’ve done it twice now. The game QT referenced from 9-10 years ago was the first time. I thought enough time had gone by that people wouldn’t remember or suspect and so few people who played in that game are playing. We also changed the format a bit this time. I reread that game before writing this and was shocked how different game design was back then. A lot of secrets built into roles etc. I don’t like that stuff anymore. Weird shit can happen in my games but it’s caused by another player’s role. Your role is what it says. I think Bogie in that game was Tiger Woods (it was a sports figure game) and after a certain day he got to invoke the power of Augusta National to make a Sunday charge where his votes counted double as mafia. Guy named Boomah was the angel (Jackie Robinson) but given the racial shit he endured he came back mafia if investigated. That was a hidden part of his role. I have come to vastly prefer telling people their powers without building in secrets (that’s different to me than saying if you survive to day 4 you have another power unlocked etc).

I really enjoyed all the people yelling at me for leading after Knight died when I legit wasn't trying to lead

Dude, you were trying so hard to be Capt Civ once most of the big names went down. And then you actually turned into a superhero, so embrace it, don't deny it.

We hit him night 1. Who knew that would actually be a terrible move?

LOL. That's how far behind I was. I felt like I started in a hole and never got out. The funny thing is I saw 25 pages and was like wtf happened and just started reading. I think it was at 30 when I caught up and just posted what I was feeling. Then I read my pm and found out I was mafia again. I had to re-read it a few times because it didn't mention teammates or anything. Had this not started with my head spinning, I think I would have figured out Da sooner.

Yeah. I’ve done it twice now. The game QT referenced from 9-10 years ago was the first time. I thought enough time had gone by that people wouldn’t remember or suspect and so few people who played in that game are playing. We also changed the format a bit this time. I reread that game before writing this and was shocked how different game design was back then. A lot of secrets built into roles etc. I don’t like that stuff anymore. Weird shit can happen in my games but it’s caused by another player’s role. Your role is what it says. I think Bogie in that game was Tiger Woods (it was a sports figure game) and after a certain day he got to invoke the power of Augusta National to make a Sunday charge where his votes counted double as mafia. Guy named Boomah was the angel (Jackie Robinson) but given the racial shit he endured he came back mafia if investigated. That was a hidden part of his role. I have come to vastly prefer telling people their powers without building in secrets (that’s different to me than saying if you survive to day 4 you have another power unlocked etc).

If we are recounting old war stories, you did the same angel hidden miller role to me one time in a historic figures game where I was MLK. It wasn't long after I started playing, and I was at the beach on bad hotel wifi when I got investigated and called out. I had no idea what was going on and completely lost it in thread. That was the day I learned I would hate you forever.

I was killed n1, the same night I investigated you.

Credit goes to Tejas for me looking into you (#900). You said you quoted Tejas with your reason for voting for him but he noted you never actually quoted him. That read to me as you likely trying to fabricate a reason for a vote.
Tejas had a post. I then went and did an iso and my notes were something to the tune of posts look bad, entry is rough where he complains about the posts and then throws an easy vote on knight (#486).

Initially I had planned to investigate WFU03 given I put pressure on him early in the day and if he came back mafia, I could continue to push lynching him without mafia thinking I'm the cop. But then when he made the OT kill, I figured he'd likely get enough attention anyways and I moved to #2 on my list, you.

That's pretty funny, because I legit thought he was mafia. I don't mind being mafia in a 2 mafia game because you just play. I'll blame that on having slogged thru all that shit. I was behind and I had a thought on one of his posts. I decided to finish the page before going back up to quote him, so I would know where to return to reading. As I read down, someone else quoted the post and commented that it looked like shit (paraphrasing) and I think I quoted them and said I agreed rather than quoting tejas, so my bad for not clearing that up.

I wasn’t going to have time Sunday until late night to send roles out which in retrospect may have been the correct decision.

But I did not godmod. I have a screenshot on my phone of the random.org sequence. I actually thought ryala and Da was probably a bad outcome because they’d have been contenders for my very first Indy hunter investigations. I figured they’d both be caught quickly if the hunters survived just because they’re popular targets for that.

Did ph actually investigate mako after quoting him early on asking about Randall?

I wasn’t going to have time Sunday until late night to send roles out which in retrospect may have been the correct decision.

But I did not godmod. I have a screenshot on my phone of the random.org sequence. I actually thought ryala and Da was probably a bad outcome because they’d have been contenders for my very first Indy hunter investigations. I figured they’d both be caught quickly if the hunters survived just because they’re popular targets for that.

If anyone truly demands random.org screenshots, f em.

Also the write up of the vampire role that got ninja edited.

I didn’t edit it. I clarified it. Mafia who were bitten said you remain a member of mafia 2 or whatever. Using that to clear people was a mistake.

Also GM didn’t fake silencing - she was actually silenced. I don’t like silencer roles either but this wasn’t a standard one. I think it was actually the most powerful mafia role because it was investigative and protected that player in a sense due to silencing. In game most people were saying mafia 2 was stronger but I think mafia 1 had stronger powers.

Toogs went to the parlay school of cranky old men.

Mine is an act playing to a label I gave myself back when I was like 40. Toogs was the original angry young man that got old and angrier. Still love him tho.

TBH, I always thought we were fairly close in age. I was surprised when I discovered you had a small kid. Not sure if that says something about me or you but nothing but love and respect from me.

Dude - I already said it but if you didn't think you were leading/try to lead, you're nuts.

I mean you're probably right that I was, but I was not intending it to be Knight-like "here's what I feel therefore here's where the round is going to go". I just thought I had a good list and wanted to put out there how I thought the next sequence of lynches should go.

Thanks Eagles and QT!

The game was fun and being mafia with RW was especially fun. :heart:

At some point, no thanks to 03 and parlay and me this game, people are going to realize that when you're not posting a lot it doesn't automatically mean you're hiding as mafia.

We were surprised when Tic came out with all the info about the bite. My role didn't mention that the bitten would receive all the info.

I debated whether to kill shot Parlay but ended up listening to JTP. We figured that would buy us at least one more day and maybe enough opportunity to get a few more bites and give Da a chance at the win (of course not realizing he wasn't actually on our team).

Gooner will be my Day 1 vote going forward for not inviting me to THE Chatzy :rulz:

I didn’t edit it. I clarified it. Mafia who were bitten said you remain a member of mafia 2 or whatever. Using that to clear people was a mistake.

Ah, that makes sense. You’re 100% right then. I thought the initial posting of the role said “remain civ.” I took a screen shot, but didn’t save it after the edit.

Also GM didn’t fake silencing - she was actually silenced. I don’t like silencer roles either but this wasn’t a standard one. I think it was actually the most powerful mafia role because it was investigative and protected that player in a sense due to silencing. In game most people were saying mafia 2 was stronger but I think mafia 1 had stronger powers.

Knight's role is super powerful if he doesn't hit ryala and redwing right before they are the two lynch candidates. The rest of maf 2's powers though weren't the most powerful, I agree with that.

Back