• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stephen King Mafia - Civs Stage Comeback for W

Thanks Eagles and QT!

The game was fun and being mafia with RW was especially fun. :heart:

At some point, no thanks to 03 and parlay and me this game, people are going to realize that when you're not posting a lot it doesn't automatically mean you're hiding as mafia.

We were surprised when Tic came out with all the info about the bite. My role didn't mention that the bitten would receive all the info.

I debated whether to kill shot Parlay but ended up listening to JTP. We figured that would buy us at least one more day and maybe enough opportunity to get a few more bites and give Da a chance at the win (of course not realizing he wasn't actually on our team).

Gooner will be my Day 1 vote going forward for not inviting me to THE Chatzy :rulz:

You fucking bit me, GM

I had a great time. Kudos to everyone at the end of the game. I’m trying to give out rep as I can, but I’d hit up most of you recently, so it might be a bit.

you played well. I always leaned civvy on you but there was always doubt. Knight, 03 and doofus liked you for Da's role. I was convinced it was gooner until we hit gooner.

Knight's role is super powerful if he doesn't hit ryala and redwing right before they are the two lynch candidates. The rest of maf 2's powers though weren't the most powerful, I agree with that.

He never investigated redwing.

I will say again that I was pissed that I kept being left alive but it's at least comforting now to know that it was attempted and Da being a dirty liar man is the reason it didn't happen

Knight's role is super powerful if he doesn't hit ryala and redwing right before they are the two lynch candidates. The rest of maf 2's powers though weren't the most powerful, I agree with that.

Knight’s role was very powerful and was synergistic with parlay’s. That added claim value because it bought them vigs. But doofus and 03 had the weakest mafia roles I believe.

Also ***EVERYONE*** should turn on invisible mode.

The whole GM switch to parlay incident was due to a culmination of events from earlier. As mentioned before, GM actually was silenced for biting JTP. We though it would be a good idea for one of our team to get bitten, and it was down to Da and JTP. We forgot about JTP's silence effect, so we bit him. I'm sure Da was offering JTP instead of himself as well. Once JTP and Parlay were the targets for the vote experiment, we knew that if JTP's role was revealed, GM was done. I realized once things were 6-6 that we could instant majo parlay, and we were fairly confident he was mafia 2. We though for a bit, but I figured the moment had passed for her to switch. The later it got, the worse it would look. Then JTP shows up in mafia chat and basically says GO! GO! GO!. She switches with two minutes left and then we proceed to scramble for the next two rounds. We were so close to her being unlynchable, too.

Jtp really pushed it and it was a mistake. I think GM could’ve bought another day or two to make her unlynchable potentially. Obviously other mafia could’ve hit her still but I think the timing 3 mins before the round ended was an error.

That was important. I was talking about the next kill after Da was lynched.

So, when we sent Da to kill JTP, I had a suggestion that we send Da and then predict JTP would be the lynch. Da said he had a feeling on JTP. If he was mafia, he wouldn't die and then I would have come out with my one shot cop thing. Unless my teammates told me it was a mistake, I likely would have played it similarly with the possible exception of voting mako. Had that worked and JTP went there instead of me, we earned another hit that night. That would have put us in very good shape but likely caused Da to not feel so bad about using his bullet on us. We definitely had some odds styles that didn't necessarily mesh well. 03 is very conservative. I'm a moron and knight is insane. We were often on different pages for the kill. There were a few that Da chimed in on and I was like, really?? Once he role became clear, I was like "oh, fuck". I often backed off or backed up da. I'm such an idiot.

Need to know eaglez if you godmodded the indy role. Certainly seems like it.

Nah, I have the screenshot from where he randomized the roles...

C1-DDAC5-D-7808-4743-B0-BC-368-A5-C0935-D6.jpg

Was mafia 2 really not planning to make the switch there to save Parlay?

But yeah timing was bad and a function of me being busy with work and trying to get input from the rest of team. If i could have done it immediately and played dumb that would have been better, although in hindsight should have just let it go to OT but was worried about JTP dying and his role reveal.

Nah, I have the screenshot from where he randomized the roles...

C1-DDAC5-D-7808-4743-B0-BC-368-A5-C0935-D6.jpg

Yep this is the one.

Independents then mafia 1 then mafia 2. Then civs on my word doc with the last being the last role I added (Miller) when ph signed up which went to Hoop.

Thought it was fine, especially in a game this big. We honestly though you were lying for a bit, because you didn't reveal you were bitten until day 3, so we didn't know if it worked on non-civs.

I forgot to check my PMs. Oopsie

wait so Da was basically spoon feeding him maf 1 and that's why his "investigations" were lining up?

It was not intentional. Mafia 1 did what I would have expected a mafia to do, not use me as a hitter because we need night kills. Mafia 2 decided to only use me as the hitter (they were overruled once maybe) - and with my made up role I had to do something. So, whenever I had to hit, nights 2, 4 and 8 maybe, we hit redwing, damo and JTP. The value being, maf 2 "knew" they were mafia because they were not dying. Night 6 I had to do some crazy maneuvering to get them to not hit toogs with me, since he was a guaranteed civ.

The thought was my role was the weakest, so hit with it constantly, which I thought at the time was a huge mistake - I still do, since I think 2 extra dead bodies wins this game for maf 2 - but those hits first two hits paved the way for knight to own 4 straight days of the thread.

More or less. He never investigated redwing or damo.

We hit them with Da, which we thought was like an investigation. We assumed if the hit went thru, it was a civ. If it didn't, it was Maf. If da missed a night that we hit, he might have gotten caught sooner because doofus and 03 wanted to use him to hit since he had no powers. Knight investigated ryala.

Was mafia 2 really not planning to make the switch there to save Parlay?

But yeah timing was bad and a function of me being busy with work and trying to get input from the rest of team. If i could have done it immediately and played dumb that would have been better, although in hindsight should have just let it go to OT but was worried about JTP dying and his role reveal.

It was being debated. Definitely didn't want doofus doing it. At the last minute, 03 decided to go for it but GM beat him. Had we done the play where I predicted jtp, I think we would have been more inclined to do it sooner.

Those numbers correspond to sign up list.

No one needs proof. I was just curious. I said something to da in chat like "are you bummed you didn't land an indy role after seeing how powerful ryala was?". He had to be laughing his ass off as he typed his answer.

Back