• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

I suspect Forbes and Shah don't waste their time here.
You suspect wrong.

We have been one of the worst P5 basketball schools for the last century. We haven’t had our own proper stadium in 60 years. Our academic ranking is in a free fall. And our broke alums attack those who try and help.

But Steve Forbes didn’t use all his timeouts early in the 2nd half. It must be his fault. 30 years of failure is on Coach Forbes and a guy donating millions.

Wake Forest basketball has only two good people left giving it their all for this program. Steve Forbes and Mit Shah.

In the last 36 hours they have both been attacked here by the folks they are trying to help. It’s a wonder we still have both of them.
MESSAGE BOARDS ARE IMPORTANT!!1!11

- rjkarl, circa 2007

I hate to let facts get in the way of a bad thought but in 2017 the AP published their top 100 college Basketball programs of all time.
Wake finished 33rd.

We would have been 31st if we had a proper arena size.

Though, I will say I agree with DR that we need a smaller arena. I just don't agree that it has been anywhere near the top reason for our struggles.

A very good basketball player from the 2000s signed into an accboards premium account from my Thinkpad. It was some boosters account that he shared with the players. That’s how I even knew the boards existed. If that was happening in the early 2000s, everyone is monitoring this now. That said, there is nothing on this message board that isn’t on every other teams. UNC has a thread about sending Hubert to the transfer portal that’s always on the front page.

A very good basketball player from the 2000s signed into an accboards premium account from my Thinkpad. It was some boosters account that he shared with the players. That’s how I even knew the boards existed. If that was happening in the early 2000s, everyone is monitoring this now. That said, there is nothing on this message board that isn’t on every other teams. UNC has a thread about sending Hubert to the transfer portal that’s always on the front page.
Yea I first learned about the boards from a Wake football player.

You suspect wrong.

We have been one of the worst P5 basketball schools for the last century. We haven’t had our own proper stadium in 60 years. Our academic ranking is in a free fall. And our broke alums attack those who try and help.

But Steve Forbes didn’t use all his timeouts early in the 2nd half. It must be his fault. 30 years of failure is on Coach Forbes and a guy donating millions.
Holy shit! It's confirmation that Donald Ross is Mit Shah. The bread crumb trail has lead to the pot of gold. All those times DR was talking about his hotels and now we know how luxury they really are.

I am certainly not Mit Shah. But unlike you keyboard hiders, he does call me up and argue with me on occasion about what I post.

In order to win in men’s basketball, we must have a stable of really rich donors who prioritize it over football. Right now, we have exactly 1 of those. We had more but they have been alienated and moved along. We need to do better as a fan base to work together -- even when we disagree.

This is just not the time to call to fire Forbes. No one really wants our job — and they will want it even less if we did that. We need to focus on ourselves and build up a big pool of basketball only money for NIL and a stadium so we can be good in 2035. All this animosity just does not help.

I am certainly not Mit Shah. But unlike you keyboard hiders, he does call me up and argue with me on occasion about what I post.

In order to win in men’s basketball, we must have a stable of really rich donors who prioritize it over football. Right now, we have exactly 1 of those. We had more but they have been alienated and moved along. We need to do better as a fan base to work together -- even when we disagree.

This is just not the time to call to fire Forbes. No one really wants our job — and they will want it even less if we did that. We need to focus on ourselves and build up a big pool of basketball only money for NIL and a stadium so we can be good in 2035. All this animosity just does not help.
Sure he does.

Forbes wants our job. He appears to recognize its potential and history. And he has done a pretty damn good job so far.

I agree with the approach of putting more money into basketball. It has always been our flagship sport. If the ACC loses FSU and perhaps Clemson to the football megaconferences, we could position ourselves well in basketball and be near the top in football in a downgraded ACC moving forward.

Back