• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

No one wants Forbes to be fired right now. Wish you all would stop with that nonsense. There are plenty of real stupid arguments to have with DR, no point in having imaginary ones.

No one wants Forbes to be fired right now. Wish you all would stop with that nonsense. There are plenty of real stupid arguments to have with DR, no point in having imaginary ones.
Dude.

From what I've seen just over the past 3 or 4 days, you're leading the ForbesOUT charge. Are you not?

You've got me confused. Please clarify your position. Just for my comfort! I deserve that because I'm a super nice person. Thanks in advance.

I gotta say, you’re coming off as a clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude.

From what I've seen just over the past 3 or 4 days, you're leading the ForbesOUT charge. Are you not?

You've got me confused. Please clarify your position. Just for my comfort! I deserve that because I'm a super nice person. Thanks in advance.
Have literally never called for Forbes to be fired, and I haven’t seen another poster on the sports board call for it either. Some posters try to discourage and police criticism by exaggerating inorder to discredit it, and that’s where these dumb strawmen posts about wanting Forbes fired come from.

You’re saying people are wrong for saying Forbes should be more successful, while also saying we didn’t have any basketball success after 1997? Most people learn to make conclusions based on solid logic after law school. I know you’re a troll, but come on.
LOL. The prosecution rests.

This is where the logic for the asanine statement falls apart - in this hypothetical coaching search, you aren’t evaluating Forbes on his previous mid major success, you are evaluating him on the lack of success here at Wake Forest, which is the entire motivation of the hypothetical coaching search.

There are always a number of successful
Mid Major coaches who are ready for a promotion to a major conference team, eventually that shine wears off.
But, there isn’t someone as good as Steve Forbes was coming from ETSU available every year. He and Oates stand out from the last several years. Oates, more so. If there is only one Forbes level coach in a given year, without Covid, we probably have stiff competition that is tough to beat. We were fortunate Currie was willing to make a change when most others were just trying to hold steady. I dreamed about Oates then dreamed about Forbes knowing neither would happen. We were very fortunate with Forbes. He still has to earn it here but we are light years from where we were.

Ya'll act like we didn't just go through a decade of complete suck. Like basement in the conference nearly every year. Forbes has done an amazing job turning that around.

We've never really recruited HS talent very well. Having a guy who dominates the portal is HUGE. There's still work to be done. But he's our guy to do it.
I agree. I think recruiting the portal was more important than high school. I back off of that a fair bit if they continue unlimited transfers but being able to recruit guys without the growing pains of freshman year is an advantage. I’d rather have a kid’s last two years than his first.

Have literally never called for Forbes to be fired, and I haven’t seen another poster on the sports board call for it either. Some posters try to discourage and police criticism by exaggerating inorder to discredit it, and that’s where these dumb strawmen posts about wanting Forbes fired come from.
Stop pretending like you're the victim.

Stop being a bit...

Own what you said. Or I'll prove you a clown.

Stop pretending like you're the victim.

Stop being a bit...

Own what you said. Or I'll prove you a clown.
Jesus you all are miserable. We win by 25 and you’re still miserable and picking fights.

I’ll reiterate - I have never called for Forbes to be fired, and I haven’t seen anyone else do it. I’ve expressed doubt in his ability to make the tournament, and frustration at our seeming lack of improvement. Whatever posts you think you are going to dredge up in a search are just going to be variations on that anxiety.

if Wake doesn't make the tournament this year i think it's reasonable to think Forbes may not be the guy.
That's not an absurd take
Depends on how it happens. If we collapse down the stretch and lose a bunch of games we shouldn’t, not unreasonable. If we have a team good enough to make the tournament like we had in 21-22 but drop just maybe one game that we shouldn’t and then get snubbed when we really should’ve gotten in, I would feel differently.

Depends on how it happens. If we collapse down the stretch and lose a bunch of games we shouldn’t, not unreasonable. If we have a team good enough to make the tournament like we had in 21-22 but drop just maybe one game that we shouldn’t and then get snubbed when we really should’ve gotten in, I would feel differently.
Reasonable…but how many times do you allow for a coach to have that happen?

I just think the indignation over questioning Forbes is nuts. We’ve never made the tournament…questioning if he’s the right guy if it happens one more year is perfectly legitimate

Reasonable…but how many times do you allow for a coach to have that happen?

I just think the indignation over questioning Forbes is nuts. We’ve never made the tournament…questioning if he’s the right guy if it happens one more year is perfectly legitimate
If someone has taken us from where we were for the lost decade to consistently on the bubble I will definitely give them more than four years (especially given the circumstances of his first year)

I truly don’t understand why people spend so much time talking about the lost decade as if that has any bearing on our ability to win games this year. We have plenty of talent to win games this year, probably third best overall in the conference. Credit to Forbes for doing that! But whether we make the tournament or not this year has nothing to do with Manning or Redacted.

The only outside factors of note are the NCAA bullshit with Reid and the injury to Monsanto and to a lesser extent Ituka. Hopefully we play well enough down the stretch to make those issues irrelevant.

I truly don’t understand why people spend so much time talking about the lost decade as if that has any bearing on our ability to win games this year. We have plenty of talent to win games this year, probably third best overall in the conference. Credit to Forbes for doing that! But whether we make the tournament or not this year has nothing to do with Manning or Redacted.
For the same reason that it’s a lot harder for a team to drop out of the top 25 than it is for a team to jump into the top 25.

The lost decade has completely eliminated any benefit of the doubt we ever got, when we were consistently good, and in the minds of the college basketball world. Do you think we’d be left out of the tournament in, say, 2007 if we had the same resume we had in 2022?

Back