• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Bad day but at least we can be certain heā€™s not the guy.

All Iā€™ll say is that itā€™s very, very difficult to be an all in believer in Forbes after the end of season collapse against very beatable teams and this shit show performance. People talk about how heā€™s a great coach who will win big here but there just really isnā€™t any evidence of that to this point. Seems to be based on vibes and intangibles more than anything.

Does Steve need to switch up his staff? Seems like the same shit, year in year out, is never going to get us to the tournament.

Most disappointing thing today to me was that after being gifted the opportunity to have a chance at the end, Forbes couldn't get the team to run a composed offense for the last 5 minutes. If we slow it down and get good possessions a few times we likely take the lead at some point and have a very good chance to win. He obviously won't be fired, and I doubt he would even after another nothing season next year. But to keep the fans on his side (and get some back tbh) next year will need to be very different than the last two.

LOL. This problem far predates Forbes. I doubt he had this problem before he got to Wake. Wake is the problem.
Heā€™s not a big time coach. Savage took ETSU to the conference championship in his first year.

NCAA tournament next season or should be gone. If the rumors that Wellman Jr., uh I mean Currie, has extended him through 2030 already are true, guess it doesn't really matter if we ever make the postseason again. He's here for a long time.

With the ongoing late season issues, inability to win on the road, etc. do folks really still believe that WAKE CAN'T GET ANYONE AS GOOD AS FORBES!!1111?

Yeah, in the SoCon. And so did Forbes. And he won the SoCon tourney twice. What a dumb post.
My point is it's not that hard to succeed in SoCon. Murry Bartow took ETSU to the NCAAT three times. And ofc you dummy couldn't deny my first statement.

Back