• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Student Section

How many people are in the pep band these days? 50? I honestly don't know.

Let's say it's 50. By your numbers, that would mean 1,000 students are showing up to the games nowadays. I don't think there's any way that's correct.

If you look at the picture Bob posted above I think it gives a good idea of the ratio. The picture obviously doesn't show most of the upper deck, nor does it show the section of students farther to the left of the picture.

There have been other gimmicks besides the Freakin Deacons. Do you remember the group of students that dressed in gold robes several years ago? How about the velociraptors? The Dino costume?

Ok... I forgot about the guys in the robes, but there was, I think, two guys in the Velociraptor masks? And obviously the Dino costume was one person at a time. Those don't count as significant groups in the student section.

Do you like to respond to pointed deconstructions of your posts with reframed (and often rhetorical) questions?

You did not have a pointed deconstruction of my post, my question was not rhetorical, and I responded by describing the picture posted above, which pretty clearly shows some of the student sections as well as the band.

You did not have a pointed deconstruction of my post, my question was not rhetorical, and I responded by describing the picture posted above, which pretty clearly shows some of the student sections as well as the band.

It was a snarky way of saying "Yes, I disagree with your assessment, while agreeing with smallbigtall's assessment of the numbers."

You do love you some rhetorical questions though, brah

Bob's picture does not show 1,000 students.

It also doesn't show all the students.

I think your estimate of 50 band members is reasonable. So you think there are only 150 more students there?

I think it's pretty clear that the band makes up 11.2% of the fans there. I spent the past 474 minutes splicing footage from ESPN3 and have determined that there were 429 students there, with 48 being from the band. It's simple arithmetic guys. You all are lazy.

ljvm2.jpg

I can just feel the energy coming off of that pic. Hope to see it like that again soon!

Oh I don't think anybody cares that they're hammered. Who didn't drink before going to the game? I was just pointing out that it might explain why they're there in animal costumes.

Could you possibly go to your college basketball game dressed as a farm animal (presumably after losing a bet or on pledge duty) without getting hammered first?

1,000 students? Is you serious?

This is cracking me up. You think there are 150 students and I think there are 1,000. You might want to look at that picture again...

This is cracking me up. You think there are 150 students and I think there are 1,000. You might want to look at that picture again...

What is your goal? What is it you are trying to accomplish with this nonsense? Does the athletic department feel this will somehow lead this entire board into being [Redacted] fans/supporters?
I'm lost with what you're trying to accomplish with this crap.

I do? YOU LIE LIKE A RUG.

But your counting sucks. 1,000? That's, what, a fifth of the current student population? You high, brah.

It also doesn't show all the students.

I think your estimate of 50 band members is reasonable. So you think there are only 150 more students there?

To answer your question, yes, but I might go as high as 200 more (which would bring my estimate down to 20%). I can't imagine the upper deck is entirely filled with students, although you seem confident that every ass in an upper-level seat belongs to a student. And according to your wfu sports website, the section of students you keep claiming to the left of the picture isn't actually a student section, so we can throw that out. Although I haven't been to a game in two years other than the Maryland debacle with CP3 in the house, so there's that

Someone's been using his prescription pad for some personal use medical marijuana.

I do? YOU LIE LIKE A RUG.

But your counting sucks. 1,000? That's, what, a fifth of the current student population? You high, brah.

This. If we went to campus right now and asked random students if they went to the State game, 1 in 5 would say yes? We didn't have those numbers in Dino's later years

Back