• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Student Section

One of my favorite memories from Wake was getting hammered at Putter's and going to the women's hoops game against UNC. There couldn't have been more than 500 people at the Joel, and we heckled the shit out of Rashad McCant's little sister, Rashanda. It was awesome--the lady deacs loved it.

O man, I remember doing that once. They could hear everything. It was pretty intense. Especially since one of our fellow posters showed up in blackface.

I don't remember the student section in the later Dino years being all that great, to be honest.

Do realize that about 25% of that student section is the band

The student section probably peaked in 05' but it was still very strong, especially for ACC games in each of Dino's 3 years. For one it was an extra section wider on the lower level side (not sure exactly when they cut this back). I'd say close to half the campus was at the Carolina game in 09' and you had to get there early for most of the ACC home games that year if you wanted lower level seats.

Also there were a lot of non students in the student sections. I'm not exactly sure how they have those sections split up. It was certainly the best I've seen it this season though.

Don't really care what the student do if they show up.

The thing I'm trying to figure out is this. Hammered or not hammered, who has these animal heads laying around their dorm rooms. And it's not like painting your face or something else. Where do you get a horse head that you can fit over your head.

Of course maybe Ron has a closet full of horses heads he uses to keeps the top deacon club contributors in line and he just loans them out for games to the students.

They obviously had some type of Greek night @ the game. Student sections were roped off by fraternity/sorority.

Wasn't this also promoted as a 'gold rush' game for fans to all wear gold?

Not even a "big" game as it looks like Ga Tech.

Georgia Tech was good that season. It was the year after they went to the title game and returned most of their team, including Jarrett Jack. They made the tournament as a 5 seed. It was also senior night for Wake.

Why is a student wearing a Santa suit on the front row?

OK, I want to make sure we've got everything here. The students deserve ridicule for dressing crazy and cheering. In addition, despite what the picture shows, they are sitting and only 200 of them bothered to show up. Anything I missed?

Last edited:
OK, I want to make sure we've got everything here. The students deserve ridicule for dressing crazy and cheering. In addition, despite what the picture shows, they are sitting and only 200 of them bothered to show up. Anything I missed?

No they aren't dressing crazy. They are dressing like some serious doucher's and having some stupid gimmick for it.

You're trolling job is obvious to everyone.

I think you missed that bit, pork chop.

You're trolling job is obvious to everyone.

I think you missed that bit, pork chop.

True story: When I first came across these boards, I just assumed you were a woman because you were always writing things to other posters such as "bless your heart" "isn't that precious" and "that's adorable." Then one day you posted that your name was Paul Kennedy AND you had a girlfriend. Mind blown, pork chop.

SICK BURN! HE THOUGHT YOU WERE A WOMAN! WHICH MEANS YOU'D HAVE A VAGINA! SICK BURN!

Women, most of them anyhow, can count to 1,000. Can even recognize the difference between "a few hundred" and "one fifth of Wake Forest's student population." So they have that going for them. Which is nice.

Women, most of them anyhow, can count to 1,000. Can even recognize the difference between "a few hundred" and "one fifth of Wake Forest's student population." So they have that going for them. Which is nice.

Wake Forest has 7,400 hundred students, not 5,000.

Back