• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Student Section

Yeah how can you be a doctor and be as dumb as shit? I want to know your name so I can write a detailed letter to the state medical board for self-prescribing of narcotics (I know I know its the only way to get through a Jeff [Redacted] basketball season). This thread among others will be used as evidence. Probably the quickest decision ever handed down by the board when they see this shit, 1000 student.

Section 101, the middle student section and also the smallest section, has about 200 seats. There are 5 student sections in the lower level. There are also 5 sections in the upper level, and each upper level section has a little more than 200 seats. I can't believe anyone thinks an estimate of 150 students is closer than my estimate of 1,000 students.

Here is the LJVM seating chart for your reference http://www.wakeforestsports.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wake/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/ljcol

Section 101, the middle student section and also the smallest section, has about 200 seats. There are 5 student sections in the lower level. There are also 5 sections in the upper level, and each upper level section has a little more than 200 seats. I can't believe anyone thinks an estimate of 150 students is closer than my estimate of 1,000 students.

Here is the LJVM seating chart for your reference http://www.wakeforestsports.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wake/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/ljcol

from wakeforestsports.com, under TICKETS, Season Ticket Pricing & Seating:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wake/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/season-tix-seating-map.pdf

There are 3.5 student sections in the lower level brother. And your seating chart doesn't show seats. LABEL YOUR Y-AXIS

from wakeforestsports.com, under TICKETS, Season Ticket Pricing & Seating:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wake/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/season-tix-seating-map.pdf

There are 3.5 student sections in the lower level brother. And your seating chart doesn't show seats. LABEL YOUR Y-AXIS

Interesting. I haven't looked at a seating chart in years, but you are correct that 3.5 lower level sections are students and 5 upper level sections are students. Since each section is at least 200 seats (which you can tell by looking at my link - the number of seats in each row is listed, as are the number of rows), that means there are about 1,800 student seats.

So based on Bob's picture, your estimate of 200 total students (50 band + 150 others) means that there is only one section with students, and all the other student sections are empty. Care to revise your estimate?

I will work on my Y axis next time - hey, at least I didn't make my seating chart red-on-brown.

If [Redacted] started posting what would his username be...

CoachJeffBzdelik and JeffBzdelik are taken.

I used some high throughput software to do a very accurate count. The P value is .000001 it is that accurate. Here are my results.

Studentsection-L_zpsaa5b7dc4.jpg

Yeah how can you be a doctor and be as dumb as shit? I want to know your name so I can write a detailed letter to the state medical board for self-prescribing of narcotics (I know I know its the only way to get through a Jeff [Redacted] basketball season). This thread among others will be used as evidence. Probably the quickest decision ever handed down by the board when they see this shit, 1000 student.

I'm interested to hear your estimate.

Interesting. I haven't looked at a seating chart in years, but you are correct that 3.5 lower level sections are students and 5 upper level sections are students. Since each section is at least 200 seats (which you can tell by looking at my link - the number of seats in each row is listed, as are the number of rows), that means there are about 1,800 student seats.

So based on Bob's picture, your estimate of 200 total students (50 band + 150 others) means that there is only one section with students, and all the other student sections are empty. Care to revise your estimate?

No hypocrisy there. Nope, none at all.

And why do you care so much how many students come to the games?

Let's end this all right now. I think we can all agree the student section sucks now compared to 6-7 years ago.

I'm interested to hear your estimate.

See my count above. Also if I run my software spitting out my count one hundred million times, that was the p value. You can't argue with science. The count is what it is with that statistical variability. Seems pretty rock solid to me.

No hypocrisy there. Nope, none at all.

And why do you care so much how many students come to the games?

I started the thread because I was impressed with the student turnout. Was the Joel like it was during the CP3 era? Of course not. But the student turnout was so much better than it was during the non-conference games, and better than I had anticipated for a weeknight game against an unranked State team.

Then, someone responded that 25% of the students were in the band, which I thought was incorrect. I estimated it was more like 5%, and here we are.

See my count above. Also if I run my software spitting out my count one hundred million times, that was the p value. You can't argue with science. The count is what it is with that statistical variability. Seems pretty rock solid to me.

That would have taken hours to run one hundred million times. I think you falsified data.

Rafi, what's your revised estimate? Because if you say 1,000 again, I'm going to change your avatar to Dr. Nick Riviera

Rafi, what's your revised estimate? Because if you say 1,000 again, I'm going to change your avatar to Dr. Nick Riviera

Mine remains 1,000. What is your estimate? If it remains 150, then you need to change your avatar to Tim Donaghy.

Mine remains 1,000. What is your estimate? If it remains 150, then you need to change your avatar to Tim Donaghy.

Le sigh. DV7's right. You just a troll.

My initial estimate (because I never posted 150, reading comp tsk tsk tsk) is somewhere between 400 and 700, depending on the size of the unseen sections.

Le sigh. DV7's right. You just a troll.

My initial estimate (because I never posted 150, reading comp tsk tsk tsk) is somewhere between 400 and 700, depending on the size of the unseen sections.

As smallbigtall pointed out, there are 3.5 lower level sections. Each has a little more than 200 seats. Since not every last seat was taken, but there are a little more than 200 seats, I think an estimate of 200 per section is close. 3.5 x 200 = 700. I was at the game, and my estimate is that the upper level was at least 1/3 full. Each upper level section is more than 200 seats, and there are 5 upper level sections. 5 x 200 x 0.333 = 333. 700 + 333 = 1,333. To account for open lower level seats, as well an overestimation of the upper level, I stick with my original estimate of 1,000.

Unless I'm mistaken Neurodeac and Schwabber are doctors as well. I defy anyone to find a stupider collection than that group.

Who cares if they're hammered. Getting drunk at Putters then going to the game is the shit.

One of my favorite memories from Wake was getting hammered at Putter's and going to the women's hoops game against UNC. There couldn't have been more than 500 people at the Joel, and we heckled the shit out of Rashad McCant's little sister, Rashanda. It was awesome--the lady deacs loved it.

Back