• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions for Apartment Living in Winston Salem

My department is housed at Brookstown, so West End/Downtown would make even more sense for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well a dude with two bikes should have no problem making a four-mile bike ride.

College Village is pretty close to campus and super cheap. I had a pretty big one bedroom there 2 years ago for under $600/month. I definitely would echo living in West End/Downtown, though.

For serious. Live in the West End. I still have my old landlord's number. He is retired and in his 70's and is a boss. He'll hook you up.

Agreed, I had a 3BR 1.5BA place for 750. If you can find just one roommate it can be super super cheap.
That jump from 1 to 2 bathrooms sent my ass to the shit side of town. I can't ever seem to find a 2+bd/2ba house in Ardmore for less than 850

not sure about your schedule or commute but you can live like a fuckin king in ole meehico. For pretty cheap. And save all that extra quid for if or when you gotta move back to Charlotte. I mean you can have it all down here bro. Think about it.

I forgot that you can't complain about Winston rent on this board without people bitching about real city rent. Unfortunately I don't make DC or Philly money and I got student loans so 850 is expensive to me

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I forgot that you can't complain about Winston rent on this board without people bitching about real city rent. Unfortunately I don't make DC or Philly money and I got student loans so 850 is expensive to me

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Unless DC (LOL @ Philly) money is 3x WS money, you're still getting a hell of a deal.

Ardmore is the way to go. You can find a ton of decent houses for well under $1k/mo. My 3br/1ba with a fenced in backyard, front and back porch is $745.

Agreed, I had a 3BR 1.5BA place for 750. If you can find just one roommate it can be super super cheap.

Unless DC (LOL @ Philly) money is 3x WS money, you're still getting a hell of a deal.
Don't jump in the middle of a convo if you're going to ignore context. I really don't need you telling me how cheap it is here.

W-S is sooooooo CHEAP ! But you get what you pay for.

They should pay people to live in Greensboro.

Back