• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions for Apartment Living in Winston Salem

if you can find a spot in the old YMCA building, my old roommate and i used to live in a pretty sweet 2br there for $850/mo and it's right off of 4th street basically next to the Nissen (granted, this was in 2010, so the prices may have gone up a bit since then). I'm sure a 1br there would fall in your price range. If not, I'll re-iterate what everyone else said about the West End.

Loved my time in the Nissen. $850/month for a single isn't bad.

I've always heard that you shouldn't go higher than 25% of gross income and 850 would be 25.5%.

Now a lot of people do that but you'll have to run the numbers based on whatever other outstanding debt you have and monthly financial commitments.

9--JY1xb8NZ.jpg

Only if you are prepared to really live a CLASSY lifestyle.

I've always heard that you shouldn't go higher than 25% of gross income and 850 would be 25.5%.

Now a lot of people do that but you'll have to run the numbers based on whatever other outstanding debt you have and monthly financial commitments.

No debt, no car payment, still on the parents insurance (thanks Obama), so I have that going for me. But jeep has almost 200k miles on it, so it could be toast soon.

I think after paying all bills I'd easily be over $1,000 month, which I don't think I am comfortable with.

Anyone know what's happening with the apartments planned for the Reynolds building?

Back