• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Super Bowl XLVI Thread

If the Giants hang on, that TD by Bradshaw will look a lot smarter than it did at the time.

The Giants are not the best team in football this year, but they are without question the luckiest. I can't remember the last time they had a fumble that didn't bounce right back to them.

Welker is the goat. If he hadn't dropped that ball with four minutes left, it would have been Game Over.

The Giants are not the best team in football this year, but they are without question the luckiest. I can't remember the last time they had a fumble that didn't bounce right back to them.

Welker is the goat. If he hadn't dropped that ball with four minutes left, it would have been Game Over.

Somewhere Rex Ryan is chuckling, even though he was a loser either way.

20 seconds to go 50 yards with no time outs.

60 seconds to go 80 yards with 1 time out.

If I'm the Pats, I'd take the latter.

I completely understand the thought process, but I think back to two things: the Packer trying the same thing in '97 (or whenever it was) and Tony Romo's botched hold in his first playoff game.

I wonder how big a bath Vegas took on this game. Everybody and their brother took the Giants to cover.

Belichick and Tommy Touchdown in super bowls: 3-2.

#trololo

Crazy, yes. I would have let the Giants score a touchdown with 2:12 left. Imagine the balls it would take to do that and let Brady do what he did at the end of the first half. Crazy talk.

If Bradshaw doesn't score and then a turnover happens he looks horrible. Sports fans love to second guess. Great game.

Not really Welker's fault or Brady's on that throw. Brady threw it perfectly between the coverage but Welker wasn't in a position to make that play at 5 feet 2 inches or however tall he is.

G-men got the bounces today, no doubt. But they also were playing the best football coming into the game. I'm just glad it was a good game, but wish the Patriots could've pulled it off.

I wonder how big a bath Vegas took on this game. Everybody and their brother took the Giants to cover.

Vegas really lost on the futures moreso than this game. The betting was anywhere between 55-58% in the Giants favor. Yet, the line held steadfast most of the week, which tells me heavier money was on the Pats. They probably lost a little or broke even. They are paying out some big coin on the futures, though.

cartman_tears.gif

Does anyone else find the 12th man on defense intriguing?

Wonder if more teams might try this next year if another team has 2-3 hail Marries to win a game. The offense losing the clock that elapses and you have 12 men on the field to defend the play.
So what if your team is caught and penalized. If so, it's a 5 yard penalty and the offense never gets to put time back on the clock. If the refs do not catch it, you have 12 guys to defend the pass.

Anyone else think other teams may try this move in college and pros more often?

Back