• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Super Bowl XLVI Thread

Safety was a bad decision. Interception was a good decision just a bad throw. The Welker throw could have been better but also could have been caught. Last drive was killed by drops. Brady was like 16 for 16 at one point and was on track of setting the record for Passer Rating (pretty sure on this), he didnt have his best game, but by no means was this loss on him. Some coaching decisions were much more problematic and led to the loss.

Agree with all of this

Brady sad :(

216307020-06073328.jpg

gisele needs to keep her piehole shut...she got heckled after the game by some giants fans ("eli owns your husband!") and had this to say in return:

"You (have) to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball," she is heard saying. "My husband cannot [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201202/tom-bradys-wife-blames-patriots-teammates

The discussion of unconventional strategies (e.g. 12 men on a hail mary, sitting down at the 1 instead of taking a TD) got me thinking about safeties-

I wonder what the 'expected value' is of an ensuing possession when the ball is punted from inside your own 5 yard line, so as to say how many of those ensuing possessions which are likely starting from inside opposing territory results in FGs/TDs vs. what the 'expected value' would be from taking the safety, then kicking away from the 20 and more likely pinning the opponent much deeper in their own territory?

The discussion of unconventional strategies (e.g. 12 men on a hail mary, sitting down at the 1 instead of taking a TD) got me thinking about safeties-

I wonder what the 'expected value' is of an ensuing possession when the ball is punted from inside your own 5 yard line, so as to say how many of those ensuing possessions which are likely starting from inside opposing territory results in FGs/TDs vs. what the 'expected value' would be from taking the safety, then kicking away from the 20 and more likely pinning the opponent much deeper in their own territory?

Well, it wasn't the NFL but in high school our punter was shit so if we were pinned back our coach would just have the center snap the ball through the back of the endzone.

Back