• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: Philippines

yeah, i thought if they sat out a previous challenge they could not sit out another one (Abi...has she done one yet?)

I believe what I've read (on EW or somewhere) is that the not sitting out two in a row is a rule when there is a reward challenge and an immunity challenge. When there's just immunity (which it has been a lot for the first few weeks in the last few seasons), that rule isn't in effect.

Still crazy to me the only person to recognize him is a black chick. He had a 20 year career.

Yeah - MVP, 5 time all-star, 377 HR and over 1500 RBI's. you'd think one of the guys would figure out who he is.

I did think it was hilarious that she was getting under his skin with he baseball disses, that was awesome. I was really hoping that she would turn around on her way out of council and say something to Jeff... Oh well.
Other chick still has her secret, too, other than mike knowing. Maybe more people will know when they all merge.

I'm trying to think- there aren't too many baseball players I would recognize if I was on an Island with them. Unless they played for the braves or the orioles or they're really famous (jeter style), I most likely wouldn't know them.

I'm in the 99th percentile of sports fans (as most of us here are) and there's no way I would have recognized Jeff Kent.

Agreed. LadyDeacToy is a pretty crazy sports fan (knows a lot of baseball stuff specifically) so he knew who Jeff Kent was and probably would've recognized him. But I would've had no clue. Props to Dawson for knowing it. Not great for her that needling him made him nervous and want to take her out, but it was funny to watch.

It is interesting to have two "stars" playing this season and have virtually no one know who they are. I mean, it's not like they are uber famous or necessarily current, but still.

WTF on Dawson at the end? Creepy eyes at Jeff and then going in for the kiss?!

yeah, she won't even be on the jury...wasted chance and Kent ain't going to give you shit.

how about that fucking bitch sitting out another challenge. i bet the rules will change next time because of her. she says that she did 2 challenges but i don't remember...just the very first is my guess.

yeah, she won't even be on the jury...wasted chance and Kent ain't going to give you shit.

how about that fucking bitch sitting out another challenge. i bet the rules will change next time because of her. she says that she did 2 challenges but i don't remember...just the very first is my guess.

The rules may change, but you can't fault a team for exploiting the rules (not defending Abi cause I really dislike her and think she's crazy, but still):

According to EW's Dalton Ross:

Because Dana quit, Tandang now has to sit someone to even the numbers, and the one sitting out will be Abi-Maria, who has now sat over every single challenge in which someone could sit out. Probst take several pot shots at her for never competing, but really it is his fault when you think about it.

The Survivor rules stipulate that players are not allowed to sit out back-to back challenges when they take place in the same episode cycle. But with reward challenges becoming scarce the past few seasons due to Redemption Island and the three-tribe format, we’ve often had just one challenge per episode. Which means teams can keep sitting out the same players over and over. Bottom line: Survivor needs to amend the rules. People should not be able to sit out back-to-back challenges no matter when they take place. Period. It’s not Abi’s fault. She’s following the rules. You want her to play? Change the rules and make her.

And from Jeff Probst:

EW: You made a few comments about Abi sitting out so many challenges. Is it time to revisit the rule that players are allowed to sit out consecutive challenges when they do not appear in the same episode cycle, and make participation in every other challenge mandatory?

PROBST: Perhaps, but I don’t know that it would change the game in any demonstrative way. The players adapt to the rules, whatever they are, and alliances tend to dictate strategy — but with the number of “one challenge episodes” growing, it is worth consideration. Thanks for the idea!

lol at pete spilling the beans about the idol within the first hour (most likely) of the expanded tribe. what a fool

lol at pete spilling the beans about the idol within the first hour (most likely) of the expanded tribe. what a fool

except doesn't abi have it? pete was there when she found it, but she found it. pete said he can get it... which is probably true, abi would probably give it to him. i was afraid malcolm was going to say he had theirs, too; glad he didnt... also surprised they didn't search his bag.

Great episode. Gonna be a good one next week, it could get nutty.

Lisa is in a heck of a position.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU didn't mean to click on this thread!

I'm not sure how I feel about last night's episode. I hate Abi so much that it bugs me that her side "won" last night. There could certainly be some interesting scrambling and deal making coming up. Skupin and RC flipped. And Jeff and Carter flipped. So there's a lot of loyalty lost and possible free agents.

I also think RC got screwed by having a nutball on her team that was out to get her. Without Abi and RC on the same team, I think she could've gotten further since she was obviously pretty strong in challenges (at least water ones) and was pretty smart strategically. There's just no arguing and strategizing with an insane person.

I tend to agree that I want a new person rather than a returning player to win (although I did love me some Boston Rob), but I like Penner, so I kind of want him to stick around for a while. Otherwise I'm pretty much rooting for Malcolm and Denise.

Whoa, what just happened?

That was definitely one of the weirdest tribals ever. Two idols flashed but none played. Multiple players potentially going home up until the last minute.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened at the end though. I thought Penner was rallying his troops to vote out Pete and keep him and Skupin around, but then he voted for Abi and Skupin voted for Jeff. What the?

Penner messed up and Skupin isn't very smart.

Great episode. Lisa is gonna go to the final three. Edit looks like her & Denise.

Back