• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspension/Arrest Thread (No New News)

Didn't Mizzou just suspend some players for smoking weed for their game this week with Vandy?

Yeah, but those players actually got arrested by police and written up, not just failed tests iirc.

Yeah, but those players actually got arrested by police and written up, not just failed tests iirc.

Yeah. Clearly he doesn't get that our thuggz are of a higher caliber*. We are Wake Forest, you know.

*Except when considering athletic skills.

Last edited:
I leave the room for a little air , and look what you Brats do........shame shame shame.......

1) We are not Air Force.

2) Weed should be legal. It is a complete societal miss, and if any of you on this board thinks that weed should be treated more harshly than alcohol. I will be happy to educate you to the contrary.

I think it shouldn't be treated similarly to alcohol. Granted I only smoke weed in conjunction with already being wasted, but when I mix the two I become completely unable to function. Alcohol alone doesn't do that. The last time I smoked it took me about a half an hour to take a shit.

So, what is being said here is that Wellman suspended the 6 players? Grobe was fine with them playing? Why does Wake even try to compete when there is an insanely incompetent AD behind the curtain. This is not the 2000's anymore when Grobe and Skip made Wellman look like a genius. It is time for Wellman to leave. Stop meddling.

This solution has the added benefit of resolving our basketball suckitude as well.

Wake just manages to screw everything up.

Suspend them early in the week and there's no issue. Don't suspend them and there's no issue. Wait until Friday after you've told the beat writer there would be no suspensions the day before, and then suspend players: BIG FUCKING ISSUE.

How easy was it to manage this situation? It was so easy. And Wake still fucked it up.

Fuck this let the opponnent get as long as possible to gameplan bullshit. If you gotta lie to some beat writer to get an edge, I'd hope to god JG would do it. YOU PLAY. TO WIN. THE GAME.

Fuck this let the opponnent get as long as possible to gameplan bullshit. If you gotta lie to some beat writer to get an edge, I'd hope to god JG would do it. YOU PLAY. TO WIN. THE GAME.

You have to report accurate injury/suspensions when you publish the depth chart.

It seems to me that there has been more "oversight" of the athletic programs since Hatch took over. Are we sure the oversight is coming from Wellman or higher.

I don't think MD is going to be disadvantaged by planning for starters and playing against backups. That's ridiculous.

You have to report accurate injury/suspensions when you publish the depth chart.

Should our players tell the referee that they held someone if the ref didn't call it and make sure we get flagged for 10 yards? YOU PLAY. TO WIN. THE GAME.

Should our players tell the referee that they held someone if the ref didn't call it and make sure we get flagged for 10 yards? YOU PLAY. TO WIN. THE GAME.

No but I'd prefer not to get reprimanded in front of the entire conference like UNC did for not reporting injuries accurately earlier in the year.

No but I'd prefer not to get reprimanded in front of the entire conference like UNC did for not reporting injuries accurately earlier in the year.

But here you could simply say that the decision to suspend hadn't been made yet.

But here you could simply say that the decision to suspend hadn't been made yet.

That's true. And if that was what had occurred in this situation, I wouldn't care.

Someone asked Dan about Martin and Ragland and he said: "Steve, Not according to Jim Grobe. I asked him directly today and he said neither player is suspended."

This was Thursday. I guess Grobe just meant that players were going to be suspended, but weren't yet? I don't know.

I'd rather have a win. The amount of people who care or even knew about that is like .01% of the population.

Big Bird is going to start on the offensive line. Oscar the Grouch will call the plays.

BudatWake will be very happy to to call the plays.

Actually it is unfair to single Bud out. We've got a whole board that would like to call them.

As for me, I just want to NOT CALL a deep zone when it's 3rd and forever.

I still don't understand how a D-1 athlete with the metabolism of a great white shark and the body fat of a cheetah can't figure out how to piss clean. I mean if us fat old guys can do it....

Back