• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspension/Arrest Thread (No New News)

All I could think about while watching the game was Maryland fans saying they thought they would win by 5 touchdowns. How bad would we have had to have been to lost by 5 TD's to that team we played today?

This was the worst loss we've had in quite some time. I can't even remember a worse lose. 2008 against Navy? I don't even know. This was sickening. Maryland is just fucking terrible and we lost to them. I wanna vomit.

Numbers, I get how you feel about losing, but honestly, how much better would you have felt after a win? It's obvious there is something really wrong with this year 's team and beating a horrible Maryland team won't change any of that. We're going to get our asses handed to us by Clemson, Notre Dame, and NCSU and won't be able to hide behind the Dukes and Maryland's of the conference (with the exception of BC later on.)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Numbers, I get how you feel about losing, but honestly, how much better would you have felt after a win? It's obvious there is something really wrong with this year 's team and beating a horrible Maryland team won't change any of that. We're going to get our asses handed to us by Clemson, Notre Dame, and NCSU and won't be able to hide behind the Dukes and Maryland's of the conference (with the exception of BC later on.)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I wouldn't have felt that much better moving forward other than us sitting at 4-2 and two games away from a bowl.

I would. Ugly wins count just the same. I had no pretenses that we would play a pretty brand of football this year. I was thinking we could muster enough wins to get bowl eligible. tall order now.

I would, too. Two weeks after the game is over, no one remembers whether it was ugly or not. The record stands and our chance for a bowl possibly leading to a better recruiting efffort is enhanced.

I could not help but believe Campanero would have made a difference. You can't lose 40% of your offense and expect it not to make a difference. The Wake receivers were not open and when they were, there were 7 drops! And the O line had seniors who virtually had not played a down until that game. Injuries and suspensions to Wake's front line players - and two big plays by MD - killed Wake in this game, not the O or D schemes or the play calling.

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=30773.0

Looks like jason hopped on the Niner bandwagon with his Blitch buddy. Later.

Quality thread right there, except for the low blow at DemonDKE. Rest his soul.

:heart:
50272_151642731523757_59_n.jpg
:heart:

I could not help but believe Campanero would have made a difference. You can't lose 40% of your offense and expect it not to make a difference. The Wake receivers were not open and when they were, there were 7 drops! And the O line had seniors who virtually had not played a down until that game. Injuries and suspensions to Wake's front line players - and two big plays by MD - killed Wake in this game, not the O or D schemes or the play calling.

Injuries happen. That's part of the game. It was part of preparation.

Doofus, I'll have a longer response when I get Internet on my compute

Last edited:
Too funny the dumbest person on the planet is bailing on us for Rulz and Charlotte football.

I would. Ugly wins count just the same. I had no pretenses that we would play a pretty brand of football this year. I was thinking we could muster enough wins to get bowl eligible. tall order now.

I would feel a lot better. A win yesterday, with the injuries and suspensions, whether ugly or not would have been big. In fact as bad as we've looked this season we're so close to being 5-1 right now. With all respect to Duke and UMd, we did as much to beat ourselves the last 2 weeks as they did to beat us. Sure, I'd like us to win every game and look good doing it, but I'll take a win anyday and anyway you can get it.

I agree with what Coach Grobe said about the suspended players, as quoted on Dan Collins' blog:

"...[W]hen you get to football season, it’s time for football to take precedence....I told our team, if football is really, really important to you, you take care of your business off the field as well as on the field. It’s not enough to just be a Saturday guy. You need to be a guy that does all the right things in the class room and socially and everywhere else..."

Football is a game that is extremely challenging both physically and mentally. It's a game that demands total commitment to team goals and the suppression of selfish instincts for the good of the team. It demands total dedication all the time during the season and almost total dedication during the off season. The six suspended players need to rededicate themselves to those principles.

What a thread. Classic cameo by community college dropout fanboy jason. Then rulz extolling the virtues of Fortune 500 businesses in Charlotte but misspelling "companies" (as if those companies look to UNCC to recruit elite talent). Then there's a guy on the UNCC board, cltniners, who can't possibly be a real person. He claimed WF graduates are "dillusional" about the quality of our education but that we do have good engineering and architecture programs?

What a thread. Classic cameo by community college dropout fanboy jason. Then rulz extolling the virtues of Fortune 500 businesses in Charlotte but misspelling "companies" (as if those companies look to UNCC to recruit elite talent). Then there's a guy on the UNCC board, cltniners, who can't possibly be a real person. He claimed WF graduates are "dillusional" about the quality of our education but that we do have good engineering and architecture programs?

Lmao.

This is all too good to be true.

I'm not being argumentative here, and I agree that losing Camp (not to mention Cheech and friends) meant we would struggle yesterday. However, I don't think anyone can be pleased about where the PROGRAM is right now. I mean losing a standout WR is going to hurt, but we do have several others on the team, and it is the coaches' responsibility to make sure atleast a couple of them can get open and catch passes.

I also disagree about the play calling and scheme issues. I don't think we have gotten a stop on 3rd and 20 all year. I know Nikita thrives in the 3-4, but that doesn't mean the rest of our team is geared for it. Of course the D line looked okay today. It was fucking Maryland, and they are absolutely shitty...and we still weren't good enough. And whether it is dropped passes, bad play calling, injuries, weak line play, our offense is not good.

We won the ACC Championship with our 3rd string quarterback and significant injuries in our backfield. We played more aggressively, we were deeper, and we played with a higher football IQ. Our program is in bad shape by almost every measurable. Coaches are not doing their job.

The night after the Duke game, one of the six (the names are purposely being left out) pulls out a bowl with weed and begins to smoke, then invites 4 of his teamates, who joined him. His roomate, also on the team, witnessed all of this but didnt participate. With the exception of the roomate who didnt smoke, they all failed the drug test. Grobe suspended the roomate as well, even though he didnt fail the test because he witnessed the others smoking and didnt report it. Grobe still considered him a violator of team rules.

Grobe planned the whole time to suspend them, but was going to make them sit out a home game later in the year, most likely Clemson. Maryland and Virginia were potentially winnable games, and sitting out Clemson on National TV would have been a harsher punishment for the six. For some reason, at the last minute Grobe changed his mind and decided to suspend them for Maryland. Whether or not it was ultimately his choice, or from someone higher up, I dont know.

Back