• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Swapping Tickets @ WF's Joel Coliseum

Wait - there are "scalpers" at a WFU v Clemson basketball game? Seriously?

I was held for 30 minutes by WSPD for giving away a parking pass. Not selling... I gave it away. I posted about it on the old board a couple of years ago.

Now THAT they can't do. If no laws are being broken (and I'm trusting DR on what he is saying the law is), the only basis they would have to arrest is Trespassing. Since the Joel, while privately owned, is quasi-public, they would have to warn you to stop or ask you to leave prior to arresting you.

What the hell are you talking about? If you'd read his OP you would know what he was doing wasn't illegal.

:wtf:

I didn't say what he was doing was "technically" illegal, but where he is doing it is the problem. There are many venues I go to where you can't buy or sell a ticket on the actual ground owned by the venue. It is their property and they set the rules. They make you go do your business across the street, not on their property. You can get all high and mighty on what Wake is doing or not allowing, but it is fully within their right to do it and we have all seen it and sporting venues. And I have seen the local police be there to tell you so.

Just this past summer when I bought tickets for the Cardnials-Braves in Atlanta from the guys outside the stadium on Friday night, they were all across the street and not on Braves property because that is where ticket sales were still going on and police were fully enforcing it. They did the same thing a couple of summers ago when I went to the Nats game to see Strasburg pitch his rookie season. You did not dare get caught selling on their property, even if it was under the face value of the tickets.

The technical legality is not the deal, DR is just trying to cause trouble and flaunt his lawyerism to a policeman and he will wind up in jail if he doesn't watch oit, just like he wound up getting tossed out of the bar up in Boston acting all tough guy attorney trying to tell the bouncer he was an attorney and representing the other guy the bouncer was tossing. They both got tossed and couldn't come back the next night either.

Back