• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Swapping Tickets @ WF's Joel Coliseum

The shortsightedness of this policy is amazing.

First, I live over an hour away. I'm not going to drive to the Joel and pay $40 to watch this product. No chance. HOWEVER, there is a decent chance I'll drive an hour to pay $5-$10 to watch. While I'm there I'll spend $20 on food/drinks (more of the ACC would allow beer, but that's a different issue).

This policy only keeps fans away, sells LESS tickets in the long run (because these people who paid $40 for the seats in the first place eventually will stop this foolish activity if they can't even recoup a ten spot), and passes on any possibility of making concession money.

Put a quality product on the floor and you'll sell plenty of tickets. That's the bottom line.

I'm confused and apparently wrong on how this works. I thought the ticket office sold large batches of tickets cheaply to "businesses" that would in turn scalp them. At least get something for your unsold tickets and also get parking and concession revenue. Why make the Joel look emptier on TV than it already is? Someone please set me straight.

Oh, and if arrested, what would the charge be? This and the Anonymous Austin jogger getting arrested on the Pit thread is just ponderous.

Last edited:
The shortsightedness of this policy is amazing.

First, I live over an hour away. I'm not going to drive to the Joel and pay $40 to watch this product. No chance. HOWEVER, there is a decent chance I'll drive an hour to pay $5-$10 to watch. While I'm there I'll spend $20 on food/drinks (more of the ACC would allow beer, but that's a different issue).

This policy only keeps fans away, sells LESS tickets in the long run (because these people who paid $40 for the seats in the first place eventually will stop this foolish activity if they can't even recoup a ten spot), and passes on any possibility of making concession money.

Put a quality product on the floor and you'll sell plenty of tickets. That's the bottom line.

Yup. And you didn't even mention the lost parking revenue, that now flows directly to Wake since we own the lots. It's poor policy that simply assumes if someone can't buy a $10 ticket in the parking lot they will buy for face value at the window, and then assumes that the same person will also spend just as much on concessions, gear, etc in both situations. It's as if the person(s) who came up with the policy were morons without any actual understanding of economics...surely we don't have any of those in our AD?

All of this is even more absurd given the huge amounts of tickets our AD has given away for free over the last 4 years in an attempt to fill the stands. The two policies are in direct contradiction to each other. Again, see question above about morons in the AD.

Last edited:
Yup. And you didn't even mention the lost parking revenue, that now flows directly to Wake since we own the lots. It's poor policy that simply assumes if someone can't buy a $10 ticket in the parking lot they will buy for face value at the window, and then assumes that the same person will also spend just as much on concessions, gear, etc in both situations. It's as if the person who came up with the policy were a moron without any actual understanding of economics...surely we don't have any of those in our AD?

All if this is even more absurd given the huge amounts of tickets our AD has given away for free over the last 4 years in an attempt to fill the stands. The two policies are in direct contradiction to each other. Again, see question above about morons in the AD.

Excellent point.

It's almost like someone with a shady past is cooking the books inthe AD's office

As an indication of how far we've fallen as a program, consider this photo taken Sunday of an advertising case above an ordinary urinal in Greensboro.

photo.JPG

So according to this police officer, if i showed up at the game without a ticket, but my friend Donald Ross wanted to give me a ticket and did, he would get arrested. That my friends is a travishammockery of our freedoms.

Wow - I am glad I have not driven up for a game lately, as I had considered. I assumed I could pick up a ticket in the parking lot as I often have.

Is this a new policy since Wake bought the place? I know in years past there have been scalpers all over the parking lots...

No one is going to acknowledge that the ad in lower right of dc9deac's photo is for donaldross' law firm?

No one is going to acknowledge that the ad in lower right of dc9deac's photo is for donaldross' law firm?

That's beautiful. That picture is so confusing. Was someone giving you a swirlie when you were taking it?

I'm curious if Donald has an update after posting this, since he hasn't posted here, recently.

I don't think that was the joke... The joke was the fallen WFU ad. The unintentional BB&F inclusion is hilarious though.

This is the real crime.

DonaldRoss, just because you are an attornet, why do you want to knowingly break the law? Especially in front of an officer of the peace who was giving you a chance to not do it. I seem to remember a time up in Boston where this kind of thing got you kicked out of a bar!

Go off the grounds of the private property and do your business--quite simple. Otherwise you are taking ticket sales away from Wake Forest University. You know it, I know it and the American people know it. A lot of places prohibit this same kind of action on the grounds of astadium, coliseum or any other site of the event just because of this. DO it across the stret.

I have no update. But I'm out of town for a couple days on a case. Who wants to buy some Clemson tix? :)

Back