• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Swapping Tickets @ WF's Joel Coliseum

I really thought donaldross had more stroke around the Triad than this.

Are you going contact someone about this and get an official response from the AD or
DC? This is truly a ridiculous policy and police threat, and getting more exposure to this policy will only help bury Ron Wellman's diminishing reputation with wake fans. This is a situation that an ignorant, Buzz-inbetweener, would be furious about.

Wellman is such a prick.

huh, i have never had an issue buying or selling right in front of groves the last few years, on wake property. usually two dozen folks walking around holding tickets or holding fingers in the air.

I had a problem trying to buy a ticket for the BC game at Groves in 2012. I told the lady police officer shouldn't the WSPD be trying to find and arrest criminals rather than harassing college football fans trying to save a few bucks when buying a ticket to a game. She told me that what she was doing was what WFU was paying her to do and if I would tell her where the criminals were, she would go arrest them. Looking back, it's a wonder I didn't get arrested.

This is the policy since we took control of the Joel. It started with this season. No ticket sales/exchanges on Coliseum property, period. Have to be off Coliseum property. It's stupid.

Another reason why it's not just enough to fire [Redacted]. Wellman must go! Tone deaf SOB that he is.

You should have laid the tickets at the officers feet and walked away.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have the police threaten our fans with arrest for the "crime" of giving away their extras is both dumb and a rotten person. No two ways about it. The arrogance and disdain for the fans is remarkable.

Last edited:
or walked to the nearest public sidewalk, held up the ticketsand yelled TICKETS FOR SALE DEMON DEACON TICKETS GET YOUR TICKETS RIGHT HERE

I'm not sure about all of this.... It does seem like the officer prevented a crime from occurring. Anyone being charged $10 to watch this team is getting taken to the cleaners. It's comparable to charging $10 for bottled water during a hurricane.

I would rather have the water.

Will there be anybody with tickets and not scalping them at our next home game?

Maybe people could save themselves the trouble and send them to Nathan Hatch.

So if you're standing on the sidewalk on University can you then sell or give the tickets away? But can't once you step onto the parking lot asphalt?

So if you're standing on the sidewalk on University can you then sell or give the tickets away? But can't once you step onto the parking lot asphalt?

On the parking lot asphalt, I think you can give away your tickets, but not sell them legally. (I still think you can sell if you can do it quietly and be sneaky about it.:thumbsup:)

I wonder if someone from the AD contacted DR after this thread to apologize and said it will never happen again?

Back