• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Swapping Tickets @ WF's Joel Coliseum

DonaldRoss, just because you are an attornet, why do you want to knowingly break the law? Especially in front of an officer of the peace who was giving you a chance to not do it. I seem to remember a time up in Boston where this kind of thing got you kicked out of a bar!

Go off the grounds of the private property and do your business--quite simple. Otherwise you are taking ticket sales away from Wake Forest University. You know it, I know it and the American people know it. A lot of places prohibit this same kind of action on the grounds of astadium, coliseum or any other site of the event just because of this. DO it across the stret.

He made an investment. The tickets are his to do with as he pleases. Sometimes he uses all of them and other times he would like to sell them to a Wake fan at a minimal price. Don't come off like he's screwing Wake Forest. If anyone is getting screwed here it's DonaldRoss who is stuck with a bunch of Wake tickets to watch a product that has been destroyed by the very person who implemented this rule. Wellman is that man but I'm sure Casstevens is behind this. You don't let season ticket holders fill the seats with tickets that are already paid for. You make the casual fan buy one of the thousands of unsold tickets at full freight. We all know what's going on here.

I'm just going to add that I've had multiple season tickets for football for years and if I had an extra I'd sell it in the lot. I saw cops all over the place and not once in memory was I told I couldn't sell my ticket.

DonaldRoss, just because you are an attornet, why do you want to knowingly break the law? Especially in front of an officer of the peace who was giving you a chance to not do it. I seem to remember a time up in Boston where this kind of thing got you kicked out of a bar!

Go off the grounds of the private property and do your business--quite simple. Otherwise you are taking ticket sales away from Wake Forest University. You know it, I know it and the American people know it. A lot of places prohibit this same kind of action on the grounds of astadium, coliseum or any other site of the event just because of this. DO it across the stret.

What the hell are you talking about? If you'd read his OP you would know what he was doing wasn't illegal.

:wtf:

I'd take the same shot if it were next to a Lawn Boy ad.

I don't think that was the joke... The joke was the fallen WFU ad. The unintentional BB&F inclusion is hilarious though.

I know you should never invoke Hitler or Nazis in a debate, but you seriously, could generate sympathy for Hitler, just by making a comment against him.

My tix are now gone. I gave them away to a loyal fan. #WellmanOut

My tix are now gone. I gave them away to a loyal fan. #WellmanOut

I'm amazed this thread hasn't generated a phone call and apology. The arrogance and disdain for the fans, even the ones who have given them lots of $, is just unreal. This is just an incredibly stupid policy. Any extra sales generated will be more than offset by the ill will it creates.

Threatening longtime fans with arrest because they're trying to unload their extras, just unreal. This, combined with everything else, is rock bottom. They have zero respect or appreciation for any of you. But by all means, keep opening up those check books.

The fact of the matter is there are a legion of Wake fans who would open up their wallets and embrace Wake owning the Joel and attending games night in and night out. But our progam is in tatters and now we can't unload a season ticket we already paid for to a fellow Deacon who wants to see the game and support the team. There is stupid and then there is seriously fucking stupid. Ron just stepped in it.

The fact of the matter is there are a legion of Wake fans who would open up their wallets and embrace Wake owning the Joel and attending games night in and night out. But our progam is in tatters and now we can't unload a season ticket we already paid for to a fellow Deacon who wants to see the game and support the team. There is stupid and then there is seriously fucking stupid. Ron just stepped in it.

This has gone beyond fucking stupid. It's total incompetence and the entire Wake administration just sits around and does absolutely nothing and allows Wellman to continue to destroy the program.

Last edited:
This has gone beyond fucking stupid. It's total incompetence and the entire Wake administration just sits around and does absolutely nothing and allows Wellman to continue to destroy the program.

Amen. Clean house and let's get on with it. I can not accept the big donors and the BOT calling the shots, supporting incompetence, driving down a basketball program and driving away long standing fans. DonaldRoss is a classic old school Wake fan who has hung in there and only wants to put butts in the seats and salvage a little money, not much mind you, and continues to support the program. And Wellman screws him over. This is the time for the pitchforks and torches. This is beyond unconscionable.

And I think this policy is a direct result of Casstevens looking at the declining ticket revenue and punishing season ticket holders to compensate. And if the minions at the AD read this pass it on to Ron and call me a liar.

It's poor policy that simply assumes if someone can't buy a $10 ticket in the parking lot they will buy for face value at the window, and then assumes that the same person will also spend just as much on concessions, gear, etc in both situations. It's as if the person(s) who came up with the policy were morons without any actual understanding of economics.

Otherwise you are taking ticket sales away from Wake Forest University. You know it, I know it and the American people know it.

As if on queue, TheReff makes my point for me.

If there are minions passing along messages... tell Ron to suck my cock. Thanks!

I was held for 30 minutes by WSPD for giving away a parking pass. Not selling... I gave it away. I posted about it on the old board a couple of years ago.

I was held for 30 minutes by WSPD for giving away a parking pass. Not selling... I gave it away. I posted about it on the old board a couple of years ago.

I would never attend another WF game again.

If that happened to me, I would have sought every media outlet east of the Mississippi to expose these bastards for exactly what they represent. I would care less about "woe is me" or any stupid lawsuit. I would just hit them between the eyes for the crap they're trying to pull and let the remaining few who care see it firsthand.

Back