• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taylor Swift is the MVP of The NFL !!!!!!!!

juice how do you feel about no or light announcing
i'm a big fan of the (rare) occasions when there is no announcing

soccer has some good stretches of just ambient crowd noise, which is great

i usually watch games with the sound off anyways, turning it on for the last few minutes of a close game, maybe

The 18 minutes seems a little low for the NFL. That is about 9 second per play, given the NFL average of 120 total plays per game. That must be counting only the seconds from snap to whistle. Doesn't seem like it could include pre-snap motion.

if the premise is that they have to show families, then sure mix it up

i just start from a premise that i don't want to see any families at all

just show me the coaches and sidelines -- that's enough

(i understand why my preference will never happen)

No shots of happy or sad fans?

Swift is “overexposed” because she has a ridiculously successful tour.

sure, general crowd shots are fine

but at the end of the day, just show me the game, baby

i'm a big fan of the (rare) occasions when there is no announcing

soccer has some good stretches of just ambient crowd noise, which is great

i usually watch games with the sound off anyways, turning it on for the last few minutes of a close game, maybe

Is it over now? (Juice's Version)

Man if y’all don’t see how Taylor has been completely overexposed over the last 1-2 years even to people who are not seeking her out I don’t know what to tell you. It’s not as simple as just “don’t click on the articles”

She needs to go away for a year or two and let people miss her for a bit
Meh, I have an almost 13 year old girl and almost 11 year old girl, both of whom are pretty obsessive Swifties, and the only time I feel like I'm overexposed to her is when they want me to play her music in the car and I don't feel like it.

does t swift slap in non-Western countries?
Yes. She’s currently playing to huge crowds in Asia. I’m not a big fan but my seven year old is and as a parent, I appreciate that her music is generally appropriate for kids. She’s overexposed but meh. There are worse people on the planet. I also kind of like the human interest aspects of sports. Whether she and Travis are real or PR, it’s been fun to follow and something to talk about. Sports and drama are very related. Bob Costas wouldn’t exist if they weren’t.

This is all so dumb. If you don’t realize this is just more patriarchal crap you are fooling yourself, other than Juice who apparently wants to watch games in silence.

BTW the NFL tried announcerless in a game between the Jets and Dolphins in 1980. I remember watching it as a kid. It was miserable. :)

The problem seems to be that some people get annoyed by 45 seconds of an over 3 hour game. I suggest that those people get their annoyance meters recalibrated and direct them at commercials and unnecessarily long replay reviews, where they belong.
Agreed. It can be so much worse than 45 cumulative seconds over an entire broadcast. I love watching Tennis, but the majors have become almost unbearable because they cut to the player's box after almost every single shot. It's brutal - I don't need to see Djokovic's trainer fist pumping or Nadal's uncle yelling vamonos 80 times in a match. I would take 45 seconds of TSwift any day over that.

Two things can be true at the same time:

1) it’s silly to complain about tv cameras showing Taylor during chiefs games

2) she is completely overexposed in pop culture and it’d be nice to have a break from her

Back