• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Team Sheep Week 9: Answers due Friday at 2

They don't go to space in Star Wars. They're in space. That was going to be my clarifying question - did the people have to start out on earth, but it felt against the spirit of Sheep.

star wars began on tatooine, which has an ATMOSPHERE

A song that is well recognized when people hear it but that they don't know the title of is not a good sheep song.

Everybody knows abc, easy as 123
yep
i want you back is the better song, it has more listens, it is regarded as the song that launched them
but everybody knows abc, easy as 123

"ABC" would be a good answer if the Sheep question was "Anything." It's definitely a good answer for Jackson 5 song.

Small Spotify pet peeve. Songs get a lot of views because they're #1 in number of views and first on the list. That just increases the gap between the 1st and 2nd song.

"ABC" would be a good answer if the Sheep question was "Anything." It's definitely a good answer for Jackson 5 song.

Small Spotify pet peeve. Songs get a lot of views because they're #1 in number of views and first on the list. That just increases the gap between the 1st and 2nd song.

honestly think songs get more listens from being put into playlists (autoplay and curated) than from being recommended at the top of the artist page

https://www.stereogum.com/2105993/pavement-harness-your-hopes-spotify/columns/sounding-board/

a good article i'm having my mass comm students read this semester

honestly think songs get more listens from being put into playlists (autoplay and curated) than from being recommended at the top of the artist page

https://www.stereogum.com/2105993/pavement-harness-your-hopes-spotify/columns/sounding-board/

a good article i'm having my mass comm students read this semester

That’s interesting. It explains some weird view orders I’ve seen for lesser know artists. Overall, I think it’s beneficial to revisit music canon from decade to decade. We consume music so differently now than we did in the 80s and 90s. It was easy to miss a good track. That Spotify algorithm seems like it can spot music that was ahead of its time or is a nice throwback track.

I don’t know if it explains the gap between one between one Jackson 5 hit vs another. I do think manual playlists and other selection effects like people just starting with the #1 song that explains the gap.

Man bathroom torched me. I was the 1. Probably because I have renovated two bathrooms in the last year. I almost put kitchen too. Ugh.

Tied 12th with a 1 pt answer isn't bad but I need to stop trying to match the rubes on this board....
Best beaches - initial thought = Hawaii. These guys won't say Hawaii, maybe go Cal, oh wait, they love the OBX - you bastards went and got it right and I fucked up trying to match you.

That was bad enough but to compound the error, a light bulb went off on lunch meat. I just didn't love turkey (my initial answer) and didn't think roast beef would fly. Brainstorm: it's the home of pulled pork -- of course! Brainfart - nobody is ever calling pulled pork a "lunch meat".

Lesson: don't fill out your answers at 2am while under the influence.

How does fantasy get so many for the island question?

also in nearly all of your heads, I Want You Back is the song playing in your head that you think is ABC.

ABC was the easiest answer of the week. No one to blame but yourself.

I was one of the "2001" folks and this is why. My freshman year at Wake (aka first year to UVA dicks) I had decided to dump my high school gf at spring break. On that night we went to see "2001."

Since I'm cursed, the film broke or the projector blew up or something about halfway through the movie and they gave everyone passes for two nights later. Figuring that the gun was already loaded, when I took her home I went ahead and pulled the trigger which resulted in major water works. Nonetheless, I still took her back two nights later. Talk about awkward.

It worked out for her. She married a doctor. So "2001" was my 5 pt. answer but, by God, I'll die on this hill.

Last edited:
Do you teach science?

I was trying to point out my own dumb mistake.

But teaching high school science doesn’t mean you understand science. Fun fact. 4 of our 5 science teachers are unvaccinated.

Back