• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tebow

Maybe not but Tebow is clearly better than Gabbert.

I'll go on record as saying Tebow is the most unorthodox, seemingly terrible QB i've seen in the past decade.

But i would have bet anything he was going to score on his final drive.

Tebow reminds me when you have a stacked team in fantasy football and the other guys team looks like complete shit, the projected stat line has you winning by 100 and then his team somehow pulls it out. It makes no sense, there is no explanation why it happened but a win is a win.

1) LB's often struggle to tackle him.
2) DB's are afraid to tackle him (see Revis, 4th qtr)

Maybe not but Tebow is clearly better than Gabbert.

I think Gabbert is going to be a decent NFL quarterback. There's still no reason to believe Tebow will be anything more than a sideshow who might earn you a wildcard on an odd year due to parity (actually parody) in the league.

It's possible Tebow would start for:

Broncos
Redskins
Eagles (if Vick doesn't play)
Vikings
Bucs
Cardinals
Dolphins
Browns
Colts
Jags
Chiefs
Seahawks

Also, Flacco and Bradford suck.

While I am no Tebow fan he has something most of the starters for the teams above don't have and thats a set of legs that he knows how to use and a body to go with it. Unlike Mike Vick, if you are a DB do you really want to get in front of this freight train if it gets outside? He also can take the blows from a LB or DL much better than most QB's.

He also is a winner and has won way bigger than any of the guys on the list above at every level.

Not a chance in hell he would start right now for most of those teams.

Have you seen the Colts' Curtis Painter? Tebow looks like the second coming of Johnny U copared to him. We'll also get find out shortly if he might be better than the less than heralded Dan Orlovsky who is likely next up for the Colts.

The Broncos had to completely changed their offense to accommodate the dude. They and he have found a way to win football games with single digit pass completions. More power to them. But the idea that there are that many teams out there that would try the same thing is just not true.

I jumped out my seat last night. WOW.

I'll go on record as saying Tebow is the most unorthodox, seemingly terrible QB i've seen in the past decade.

But i would have bet anything he was going to score on his final drive.

Johnny Unitas overcame physical limitations and a weak arm...His Mind was stronger than his opponent and his belief in himself matched his mental ability.

Great leader.

Tim reminds me of Joe Kapp. I'm good for comparisons, remember?

Yes, he'd start over Tavaris Jackson, John Skeleton and Tyler Palko. Especially if John Fox is his coach those places.

Skeleton made me spit my drink over my keyboard. Thanks, Irish.

Jack_Skellington_by_Zlydoc.jpg

I do find it interesting to watch this offense in the NFL. Since I've been paying attention, I've never seen this type of thing and it will be interesting to see how it works against NFL defenses.

The Broncos had to completely changed their offense to accommodate the dude. They and he have found a way to win football games with single digit pass completions. More power to them. But the idea that there are that many teams out there that would try the same thing is just not true.

He is also one of the highest paid players on the Broncos' roster.

Shit is not going to last. There just isnt enough NFL tape of him yet and time to analyze it.

Just like Vick, good teams will be able to contain and hit him, and then its going to be off to the tent revival circuit.

He always finds a way to win. I jumped out of my seat last night when he scored that last TD. And you knew before it happened something magical was about to happen. He just has Jesus on his side!

Who cares if it lasts?

So his stats suck ass. Not going to argue that. The kid is CLEARLY an outstanding leader. There's no question that he has command of that huddle and the locker room and that his attitude is motivating that team as a whole to play better and pull out games they have no business winning. Orton put up better stats but the team wasn't even in position to win those games.

There are guys out there with all the talent in the world who can't take control of a team and be a leader the way Tebow has. We always look at those guys and say "What happened man, I really liked that guy". Roles reversed, no talent but strong leader, everyone is screaming at the top of their lungs "OMG THIS SHOULDNT BE HAPPENING HE SUCKS IT WONT LAST".

I don't even like Tebow. I've hated him from the start (Thanks, ESPN), but damn. Credit given where credit is due. He's done better than I expected and arguably the best he can given what he's working with.

I dont know how you can hate Tebow, yeah he's probably not really that good, but it is awesome to watch him pull it out every week.

If you "pull it out" that means that you are still a virgin, right?

Who cares if it lasts?

So his stats suck ass. Not going to argue that. The kid is CLEARLY an outstanding leader. There's no question that he has command of that huddle and the locker room and that his attitude is motivating that team as a whole to play better and pull out games they have no business winning. Orton put up better stats but the team wasn't even in position to win those games.

There are guys out there with all the talent in the world who can't take control of a team and be a leader the way Tebow has. We always look at those guys and say "What happened man, I really liked that guy". Roles reversed, no talent but strong leader, everyone is screaming at the top of their lungs "OMG THIS SHOULDNT BE HAPPENING HE SUCKS IT WONT LAST".

I don't even like Tebow. I've hated him from the start (Thanks, ESPN), but damn. Credit given where credit is due. He's done better than I expected and arguably the best he can given what he's working with.

good post, and i agree.

Back