• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

feel like I've noticed more guys breaking out at in their mid- to late-20s in the last few years, college or otherwise

Stevie Johnson was a beast in college and was in his mid-20s when he started his rise
Yep. Peak age for men's tennis is now about 25-30.

another thing I don’t love is fist pumping opponent unforced errors and his little passive aggressive service line inspection was dumb

overall he’s fine and he’s playing incredible just hard to cheer for

He does seem obnoxious as hell on the court, though he was pretty humble in the interview I saw. He's playing great tonight.

“I treat people the right way” was, I thought, something that almost sounded nice but came off sorta cocky or overly self-assured.

Or maybe just reflects youthful idealism. An older person might more likely say, “I try to treat people the right way”.

Anyhow, he’s quite good and I’m glad to see such young American talent.

Finding myself pulling for the “old” guy in this one.

both guys doing some dumb things trying to be too cute

don’t think Shelton has five sets in him

That phone to the ear bit at the end was too much. Heck of a match from this kid. Good luck to him against Joker.

Back