• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Te'o thread cont. (as of 1/17/11 7:30 AM EST)

The Boston Globe says Deadspin is "not an outlet regarded for journalistic standards." Meanwhile, they ran stories like this:
http://www.boston.com/sports/2012/11/10/through-grief-linebacker-manti-leads-notre-dame/spPqa36YJppwfb0EfXghUN/story.html

I was talking a journalist friend of mine about this yesterday, and he did say that Deadspin "gets away with some crazy shit." Didn't have a chance to get him to elaborate, but I assume it's just their typical jumping to conclusions in their day-to-day stories. Their longform pieces are usually quite good. however.

C.M. Tomlin@CM_Tomlin
When is the appropriate age to tell my son Manti Te'o's girlfriend isn't real? You know he's going to find out from other kids eventually.

Tried to get the old thread restored but it would require an entire database restore. Sorry guys!

Tried to get the old thread restored but it would require an entire database restore. Sorry guys!

tumblr_mbej03cdA41rzbvsto1_250.gif

Not Bill Walton ‏ @ NotBillWalton
Manti Te'o just changed his Twitter bio from YOLO to YOLO?

Bill Clinton @PimpBillClinton
Just emailed Manti Te'o and told him I'm a Nigerian prince. Bout to get STRAIGHT PAID up in this *****.

Ken Jennings ‏ @ KenJennings
WHOA. I am no longer the most famous Mormon to invent an always-suspiciously-absent "girlfriend" in college.

Somewhere on the internet, T'eo's girlfriend is posting on the old thread.

Friend of mine is listening to the Dan Patrick radio show and sent me this text:

"Patrick just said he knows for a fact an ESPN employee contacted Deadspin and told them where to look to unravel this once the employee found out for sure that ESPN was gonna sit on it"

Wow, really sucks that thread was deleted. Spent a solid hour or so posting on it late last night. Any way for me to see those posts?

Back