• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Te'o thread cont. (as of 1/17/11 7:30 AM EST)

Ah, the Hershal Walker theory, I like it. That might also explain why he played like a girl in the natty title game.

No. He sucks and got manhandled. That's what the problem was in the national title game.

Also, Herschel played just fine in the national championship game in 1980.

No. He sucks and got manhandled. That's what the problem was in the national title game.

Also, Herschel played just fine in the national championship game in 1980

Yeah, but he probably was Herschel in that game, not one of his other personalities.

#mantiteoplaylist is trending on twitter

Leigh Weddington ✌ ‏@lhwedd01
#mantiteoplaylist best thing I never had - beyonce

Ric Flair Nigga... ‏@letmeCOACHyou
Said the top three songs on #MantiTeoPlaylist are Computer Love, Turn on The Lights & Just My Imagination������

Lil Ugly ‏@iSurviDaBortion
"#mantiteoplaylist - Kiss Me Thru the Phone x Soulja Boy" -

AlcoholicChivalry ‏@AlwaysCognac_AC
#mantiteoplaylist just my imagination-Temptations

From CNN story:

If the South Bend Tribune in Indiana -- the newspaper of Notre Dame's home town -- is to be believed, the two met -- yes, met -- after a football game in Palo Alto, California, in 2009.

"Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes," the paper gushed. "They could have just as easily brushed past each other and into separate sunsets. Te'o had plenty to preoccupy himself that November weekend in Palo Alto, Calif., back in 2009."

The article went on to say: "Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago."

Te'o's father, Brian, was quoted in the article: "They started out as just friends. Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple."

From CNN story:

If the South Bend Tribune in Indiana -- the newspaper of Notre Dame's home town -- is to be believed, the two met -- yes, met -- after a football game in Palo Alto, California, in 2009.

"Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes," the paper gushed. "They could have just as easily brushed past each other and into separate sunsets. Te'o had plenty to preoccupy himself that November weekend in Palo Alto, Calif., back in 2009."

The article went on to say: "Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago."

Te'o's father, Brian, was quoted in the article: "They started out as just friends. Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple."

Oh snap!!!

Yeah, but he probably was Herschel in that game, not one of his other personalities.

People make fun of Herschel (and I have done it as well), but as we have learned more about the impact that football can have on the brain, I think that Herschel probably got off lightly. Junior Seau, etc. certainly think so.

I was wrong. I must have misunderstood but it was the fake cancer that killed her.

Well bless her fake heart, it would've been easier to have fake died quickly in a car crash, instead of a slow fake death from fake cancer.

People make fun of Herschel (and I have done it as well), but as we have learned more about the impact that football can have on the brain, I think that Herschel probably got off lightly. Junior Seau, etc. certainly think so.

Well, I certainly don't mean to make light of brain injuries football players are getting. I was always a fan of Hershel's, remember having a poster of him in my room as a kid.

#mantiteoplaylist is trending on twitter

Leigh Weddington ✌ ‏@lhwedd01
#mantiteoplaylist best thing I never had - beyonce

Ric Flair Nigga... ‏@letmeCOACHyou
Said the top three songs on #MantiTeoPlaylist are Computer Love, Turn on The Lights & Just My Imagination������

Lil Ugly ‏@iSurviDaBortion
"#mantiteoplaylist - Kiss Me Thru the Phone x Soulja Boy" -

AlcoholicChivalry ‏@AlwaysCognac_AC
#mantiteoplaylist just my imagination-Temptations

Imagine

Invisible Touch

Time to Pretend

Another thing that's bothering me - I mean why would he be 100% all in on this girl who wouldn't meet him, got into a serious car accident, and developed cancer? Maybe I'm a dick, but that sounds like a brutal waste of time to me. When this shit happened, my first reaction as a 21 year old big swingin' dick would be to GTFO, not cry about it in front of cameras.

If he is really just a gullible idiot Notre Dame might want to look into some of its social media policies/education. All D1 schools have these programs for athletes presumably not only to avoid ncaa violations that can occur (i.e. UNC) but to teach athletes how to avoid this shit. Between their sweeping of sexual assault under the rug and this ND's athletic department halo is not nearly as shiny as their obnoxious helmets.

Another thing that's bothering me - I mean why would he be 100% all in on this girl who wouldn't meet him, got into a serious car accident, and developed cancer? Maybe I'm a dick, but that sounds like a brutal waste of time to me. When this shit happened, my first reaction as a 21 year old big swingin' dick would be to GTFO, not cry about it in front of cameras.

Or if he was 100% into this fake girl, you mean to tell me he wouldn't want to go see her during these tragedies in her fake life?????

Well yeah there's that too! But I mean if AJ McCarron is banging ms alabama and you're using your hand over sexts from someone you've never met, you're losing at life.

teoing2.jpg

Te'o interview with ESPN cancelled.

@ChiTribHamilton: By the way, on @WaddleandSilvy, the guys told me Bristol called. ESPN/Schaap sitdown with Manti Te'o was "scrapped."

Back