• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Te'o thread cont. (as of 1/17/11 7:30 AM EST)

I'm certainly glad I don't watch ESPN for anything except live sports any more, or I'd feel like an idiot.

This. Sportscenter is for idiots. How stupid do you have to be to sit there and watch two hours of pregame to find out which mascot head Corso is going to put on?

Maybe Te'o has multiple personality disorder...maybe he IS the girlfriend, and another personality killed her in his head.

215px-Identity_movie.jpg

There's almost no way he wasn't in on this the whole time. Didn't they start dating in 2009? You mean to tell me he didn't talk to, see on a webcam or in person, a girl for 3 years? I think the likely story is, he's gay and he and his friend did this to draw attention off of him. As the national media spotlight turned to him, it grew out of hand. He decided to kill her off before questions of where she was and why she isn't at his games surfaced. Then it grew out of hand. He went along with it to cover the lie. Then he got caught.

Maybe Te'o has multiple personality disorder...maybe he IS the girlfriend, and another personality killed her in his head.

215px-Identity_movie.jpg

Ah, the Hershal Walker theory, I like it. That might also explain why he played like a girl in the natty title game.

That is what kills me. I remember watching the stories about it and I was under the complete impression that this was a legitimate girlfriend that he had spent a lot of time together with, maybe even a childhood sweetheart.

Yeah, same here. I guess I only really half paid attention to the stories. I thought she lived in Hawaii or something. When I first heard/read about the hoax yesterday, I was extremely confused, as I always assumed that they had been seen together multiple times.

I watched and ESPN interview back from early this season right after the grandmother died and the imaginary girlfriend. They asked what she meant to him and what they talked about during their last conversation. He said they talked for a long time, and that most of it was consoling him about his grandmother’s death. Now please keep in mind this girlfriend was fixin’ to die in a another hour or so.....how was ESPN this stupid to believe this in the original interview and then show it to the nation. We are expected to believe that a woman dying of cancer, and hour or so before her death spent the whole time chatting on the phone for over an hour about a dead grandmother. Any of you have family member that lost a battle to cancer? do you remember the hours leading up to their death.. Utter Bullshit!

Except she supposedly died in a car crash that afternoon, not because of the cancer.

There's almost no way he wasn't in on this the whole time. Didn't they start dating in 2009? You mean to tell me he didn't talk to, see on a webcam or in person, a girl for 3 years? I think the likely story is, he's gay and he and his friend did this to draw attention off of him. As the national media spotlight turned to him, it grew out of hand. He decided to kill her off before questions of where she was and why she isn't at his games surfaced. Then it grew out of hand. He went along with it to cover the lie. Then he got caught.

They didn't meet in 2009, that was just mentioned by him and his family in media interviews after her "death." He sent a tweet to "her" in October 2011 saying it was nice to meet her.

All the details of their relationship he and his parents shared with the media in the last few months just seem like an effort to not let it get out that he had never actually met this person face to face

I like it - here's my thing: How did he know she died? Who told him and how? This is why i think he must have "killed" her himself....

Except she supposedly died in a car crash that afternoon, not because of the cancer.

I thought she was in a car crash (coma maybe even?), recovered, and then got cancer? Of course, there are probably 20 different versions of what happened, depending on who/when he was talking to.

I figured this crap out!!!! The girlfriend was an avatar on his computer that he created, that's got to be it. They need to check the monitor for semen stains.

wait so he never talked to anyone on the phone?

Who knows. May have been something he embellished to make it sound like their relationship was more than it was, or maybe he talked to someone pretending to be her

There's almost no way he wasn't in on this the whole time. Didn't they start dating in 2009? You mean to tell me he didn't talk to, see on a webcam or in person, a girl for 3 years?
He was definitely in on it. There is absolutely, positively no way he was not. He was either in on it because he was gay and scared to come out, or he was in on it for the publicity.

I can buy that he thought she was real and that she really died. I can also buy that he and his parents manufactured details of their relationship for publicity.

That's basically what I think happened

Anybody else think Tim Tebow is somewhere thinking, "damn I should've thought of that."

He was definitely in on it. There is absolutely, positively no way he was not. He was either in on it because he was gay and scared to come out, or he was in on it for the publicity.

this is what i think

So ur watchin ur Irish and yur losin to Bama wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “Manti is my boyfrend” U tell Manti n he say “my girfren is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

A guy on Fox was talking about when it was said that Teo's fake girlfriend's breathing would increase (while she was supposedly in coma) just by hearing Teo's voice. He said, "of course 9 out of 10 doctors say you're breathing won't increase if you don't exist.":bowrofl:

Back