• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Te'o thread cont. (as of 1/17/11 7:30 AM EST)

Agreed. Either he was in on hoax, or is a buffoon who not only got duped but lied about major aspects of relationship.

Either way dude is a liar

Yeah, I'm leaning towards, as Anonymous said, that he was embarrassed by the fact that he never actually met her and so made up some background stories on his own to kind of fluff it up a bit. That is somewhat believable, embarrassing for him and he still needs to answer for that, but believable to a degree. In this way, he really assisted the hoaxers who must have really gotten off on the fact that we was willing to basically create lies himself about the relationship. Twisted.

Also, the smoking gun here, that ND referred to in the PC, was that they incovered "chatter" betweens the perps that makes them believe Te'o was in the dark. If they have that evidence, by all means bring it forward. That would basically exonerate him and he would only be left to explain the "smaller" lies he himself created. They need to do that.

I thought I read that they actually met? I haven't kept up since early last evening though...but I read that they were introduced and then kept the relationship going from far...

Is this wrong?
Te'o's father was quoted as saying that they first met eyes on the field of ND, and exchanged numbers that day. The father also mentions numerous trips to Hawaii.

As I stated earlier, Te'o will admit that he never met her, and chose to lie about meeting her due to the embarrassment of having a girlfriend he never actually met. As for the Hawaii trips, he'll say that they had planned multiple trips for Kekua to come to Hawaii, however for some reason Kekua always cancelled the trips last minute.

Grandmother died first.

That's what I figured, whoever was behind it decided it would make quite a story if he lost both on the same day. If Teo was involved with that part, that is just pretty freaking sick to try to take advantage of your grandmother's death by adding that on.

I thought I read that they actually met? I haven't kept up since early last evening though...but I read that they were introduced and then kept the relationship going from far...

Is this wrong?

That is what kills me. I remember watching the stories about it and I was under the complete impression that this was a legitimate girlfriend that he had spent a lot of time together with, maybe even a childhood sweetheart.

Todd Jones ‏@Todd_Jones
Te'o told she wasn't real Dec. 6. Te'o said Dec. 8: "I don't like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer."

I'm pretty sure this entire deal was manufactured by Wellman with help from Hatch (ND connection). He held onto it until he needed a distraction here on the Wake boards. We've all but stopped discussing the Clemson game and how much Bz sucks in order to talk about some ND football player's made up dead girlfriend. Brilliant plan by Wellman!

I'm pretty sure this entire deal was manufactured by Wellman with help from Hatch (ND connection). He held onto it until he needed a distraction here on the Wake boards. We've all but stopped discussing the Clemson game and how much Bz sucks in order to talk about some ND football player's made up dead girlfriend. Brilliant plan by Wellman!

I'm still hoping to find out that Bz isn't real and was just a fabrication of Wellman's as well.

I watched and ESPN interview back from early this season right after the grandmother died and the imaginary girlfriend. They asked what she meant to him and what they talked about during their last conversation. He said they talked for a long time, and that most of it was consoling him about his grandmother’s death. Now please keep in mind this girlfriend was fixin’ to die in a another hour or so.....how was ESPN this stupid to believe this in the original interview and then show it to the nation. We are expected to believe that a woman dying of cancer, and hour or so before her death spent the whole time chatting on the phone for over an hour about a dead grandmother. Any of you have family member that lost a battle to cancer? do you remember the hours leading up to their death..

Utter Bullshit!

I'm still hoping to find out that Bz isn't real and was just a fabrication of Wellman's as well.

Well, I will say that if it comes out that Jeff [Redacted] is just some nobody pretending to be a college basketball coach, I won't have any trouble believing it.

I watched and ESPN interview back from early this season right after the grandmother died and the imaginary girlfriend. They asked what she meant to him and what they talked about during their last conversation. He said they talked for a long time, and that most of it was consoling him about his grandmother’s death. Now please keep in mind this girlfriend was fixin’ to die in a another hour or so.....how was ESPN this stupid to believe this in the original interview and then show it to the nation. We are expected to believe that a woman dying of cancer, and hour or so before her death spent the whole time chatting on the phone for over an hour about a dead grandmother. Any of you have family member that lost a battle to cancer? do you remember the hours leading up to their death..

Utter Bullshit!

Oh my gosh, did he supposed hear the heart monitor flat line while he was supposedly on the phone with her?????

I haven't read all of this stuff, but in this day and age it is unrealistic to believe that someone is going to maintain a relationship like this for so long solely online and via the phone. Facetime or Skype or something similar would have had to occur.

Utter Bullshit!

According to ESPN, cancer kills suddenly and instantly. Its not a slow, deteriorating disease process.

I'm certainly glad I don't watch ESPN for anything except live sports any more, or I'd feel like an idiot.

I'm certainly glad I don't watch ESPN for anything except live sports any more, or I'd feel like an idiot.

I know, I wasn't even sure who they were referencing when this whole thing started since I abhor pregame shows.

Who says he wasn't banging some tail at ND while all this was going on. Of course there is some questions whether it was female tail or male tail.

if he was banging something on the side of his imaginary girlfriend, would that still be considered cheating?
</philosoraptor>

-- "It was a roller coaster, a constant struggle just to find balance through the adversity that my family went through. It hit me a number of times. When adversity hits like it did, my life became very plain, very black and white. It was like trying to walk through mud. It was kind of like, 'Man, I know I can do this, but how long do I have to do this for?' And I would think of my grandfather (who died in January 2012). All the chemo he went through, how hard he fought. And he never complained. Never. He was always more worried about everyone else, about getting everyone through his illness. So when I lost my grandmother and Lennay, I thought of him. He was my strength.''

Te'o in the December 30 edition of the New York Post

:jfk:

Back