• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Delhomme, until the arm surgery. Like Manning 2015, once teams figured out he couldn't throw the ball 45 yards, they rolled up into coverage and he was done.

Delhomme was my homie.

A good friend of mine that season is a lady Saints fan who absolutely love Delhomme. She actually rooted for the Panthers that season because of him.

Jake was great but he always made me nervous. Pretty wild 2003 season but he definitely wasn't the MVP. I'm pretty confident with our chances with the game on the line and the ball in Cam's hands.

My main point is that our archetype that we absolutely have to adopt is good D and good run game. That's what we've always done when we are good. Having Cam is a hell of a bonus.

Newton, meanwhile, is a one-man running game. He has been even more productive than Brady in those situations, going 10-for-11 in converting those short-yardage runs. And there's a whole other facet to Newton as a runner that Brady simply can't touch. Through Week 10, Newton had generated a whopping 129 DYAR (defense-adjusted yards above replacement) as a runner to Brady's 19. Not only is that No. 1 among quarterbacks, but the only running back in the league with more DYAR heading into Week 11 was Devonta Freeman.

The former first overall pick has carried the ball 86 times for 382 yards, generating 35 first downs with his feet in the process. He is nearly lapping the league. No other quarterback has generated more than 20 first downs while running the football. Newton would be tied for seventh in the league with the resurgent Doug Martin in first downs if we were comparing him to starting running backs, who all have twice as many carries as Newton.

:cam:

Jake was great but he always made me nervous. Pretty wild 2003 season but he definitely wasn't the MVP. I'm pretty confident with our chances with the game on the line and the ball in Cam's hands.

My main point is that our archetype that we absolutely have to adopt is good D and good run game. That's what we've always done when we are good. Having Cam is a hell of a bonus.

Jake played better than Brady in that SB.

From last week before the Washington Game:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/11/17/nfl-mvp-race-is-between-tom-brady-and-carson-palmer-sorry-cam-newton/

"However, there are flaws in his game we can quantify with statistics. Newton’s 21st-ranked accuracy percentage is an issue. Going over his games it’s surprising how many easy throws he continues to miss. Besides running the ball, there is nothing that Newton is doing at an elite level and he’s not ready to seriously hang with the big boys this season."

This was the most idiotic statement of the season.

7f6cc24739f03bbbba255bd0efb52eb8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back