• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your guys got nervous on the big stage and choked. You see it all the time. Hopefully they recover like the Broncos did and make it back to the SB again.

If it was called a catch on the field, no way it's overturned. That's what makes me the most pissed off about it.

You're exactly right and tat's my whole issue with replay, the "irrefutable evidence" thing. They need to have replay officials offsite in a hermetically sealed room, and when the replay goes to them they have only the view of the play and no knowledge of what the call was. Same thing with politics: they should ask every elected official when they take office a series of questions "so if X happens, will you be in favor of B or C" so when that scenario occurs you can't change your mind just b/c the other party is now in favor of it .

I have seen tons of plays where I thought there was less evidence of that for an overturn that were overturned on replay. The NFL standard in practice as always been more of the get the call right variety then the indisputable evidence variety

You're exactly right and tat's my whole issue with replay, the "irrefutable evidence" thing. They need to have replay officials offsite in a hermetically sealed room, and when the replay goes to them they have only the view of the play and no knowledge of what the call was. Same thing with politics: they should ask every elected official when they take office a series of questions "so if X happens, will you be in favor of B or C" so when that scenario occurs you can't change your mind just b/c the other party is now in favor of it .

Adam Carolla has a similar idea. Except it's the gimp from Pulp Fiction. The "Replay Gimp".

Jonathan Jones is breaking down some plays from the game. The turf looks like it was an issue, especially for our OL. On one play, Oher slides back nearly five yards after a bull rush from Miller.

Jonathan Jones is breaking down some plays from the game. The turf looks like it was an issue, especially for our OL. On one play, Oher slides back nearly five yards after a bull rush from Miller.
Might also explain why/how ealy went off

Yeah. Like I said during the game, I've never seen more players slide during a game.

I don't wanna blame turf...that's what the Seattle donks did and they even warned the Cards about it, but we seemed to get along just fine in those games

I'm not going to blame the turf for the outcome either (that would probably be reason #19 on a list of 20 as to what went wrong in the game), but I do recall them having to replace the turf at Levi's Stadium like twice during the pre-season last year, before any regular season games were ever played in their brand new stadium. Seems like it would be fairly easy to grow some decent grass in a climate like San Francisco, but they are obviously struggling with it.

Super Cam says that the fumbled ball leading to Denver's TD was his kryptonite and he didn't dive on it because he was afraid that his leg was "contorked" on the turf. :tard:

A few days removed, and still very depressed, I don't think there is any conclusion other than we choked big time. Other than J No and Ealy, no one showed up to their potential. Our coaches did not have us prepared well at all to manage Denver's front 7. We should have kept Dickson or Tolbert in to help the OT's on the edge. Flat didn't show up.

I'm not going to blame the turf for the outcome either (that would probably be reason #19 on a list of 20 as to what went wrong in the game), but I do recall them having to replace the turf at Levi's Stadium like twice during the pre-season last year, before any regular season games were ever played in their brand new stadium. Seems like it would be fairly easy to grow some decent grass in a climate like San Francisco, but they are obviously struggling with it.

This was brand new turf that they had been growing offsite. They replaced the old turf at the end of the season.

No idea what they would have done if the 49ers were in the playoffs with homefield advantage.

This was brand new turf that they had been growing offsite. They replaced the old turf at the end of the season.

No idea what they would have done if the 49ers were in the playoffs with homefield advantage.

My kingdom for a laughing Jim Harbaugh gif!

I don't think anyone on the D can really be faulted. We held their O to 6 points -- two FGs on DEN's first drive of each half -- taking away the punt return screwup and the fumbles. And they did great to keep them out of the end zone several times.

McDermott and our talent on that side of the ball are the goods. So glad we'll have Sean back next year

So here's a story from the Super Bowl:

I got up to go to the urinals right after I got to my seat. Crossed paths and exchanged knowing glances with Vince Vaughn on the concourse. Vince immediately asked somebody for directions to the men's room. I followed Vince past a sea of onlookers. One Vince asked for a picture, but Vince declined without breaking stride as he led me onward to the bathroom. Once inside the men's room,we diverged, headed for separate urinals. As I was leaving I looked for him, but saw him moving hurriedly out the door, back into the crowds. At that point I knew that he had not washed his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back