• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Man, UCF has really arrived. They're ranked #22 after losing to Pitt, with wins over Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, and Stanford (who looks pretty bad). That's how you build a program !

Pittsburg is 2-2 with a 16 point loss to UVA and a 7 point loss at Penn State. They got 6 votes to 252 for UCF.

Now hesitating to provide information in response to ATS, but VT is a mess right now. They have two starting OL that have been out (TJ Jackson and Zach Hoyt), one of their key DL (Tyjuan Garbutt) is out. Their leading rusher (Keshawn King) may be out. Their QB Ryan Willis is even banged up. VT has lost 5 of their last 6 ACC games. This is just not the same Hokies team that was solid every year.

I want VT to win as I have Duke under team win total and this is a key game for that, but don't think many people realize how far VT has fallen. They gave up 35 to BC in the opener and have struggled against ODU and Furman. Looking for signs that VT is about to return to glory and don't see it.

Yep. And one of the top 2 receivers, Hazelton, is also out. Tre Turner may be the entire offense this week.

Now hesitating to provide information in response to ATS, but VT is a mess right now. They have two starting OL that have been out (TJ Jackson and Zach Hoyt), one of their key DL (Tyjuan Garbutt) is out. Their leading rusher (Keshawn King) may be out. Their QB Ryan Willis is even banged up. VT has lost 5 of their last 6 ACC games. This is just not the same Hokies team that was solid every year.

I want VT to win as I have Duke under team win total and this is a key game for that, but don't think many people realize how far VT has fallen. They gave up 35 to BC in the opener and have struggled against ODU and Furman. Looking for signs that VT is about to return to glory and don't see it.

Hahaha! That's great.

I always appreciate your insight... You are way more in the weeds on this stuff than I am, so it is helpful

I am definitely guilty of overrating terrible teams because of the uniform (FSU, VT, etc)... And I hate Duke... So I have no idea what I am talking about w/ Duke @ VT.

Nice that you got on the Duke under for wins... The problem is that the rest of the ACC appears to suck even worse than I would have thought. Somebody has to win these conference games.

Pittsburg

pittsburg-state-university-logo-36275.jpg

Man, UCF has really arrived. They're ranked #22 after losing to Pitt, with wins over Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, and Stanford (who looks pretty bad). That's how you build a program !

Pittsburg is 2-2 with a 16 point loss to UVA and a 7 point loss at Penn State. They got 6 votes to 252 for UCF.

Yeah, but UVa isn't any good. :)

Really hard to know where Duke is.

They "held" Bama to season lows in points, yards and yards per play. Duke dominated both NC A&T (ranked in FCS) and MTSU (Duke beat MTSU by more than Michigan, but what does that mean). QB Quentin Harris (who played well last year when Daniel Jones was hurt, including a win at Baylor) has played really well for Duke (73%/ 8 TDs/2 Picks; leading rusher -- 6 ypc). Duke has been more impressive than VT to start the year, and Cutcliffe appears to have the coaching edge over Fuente (both teams have had week off). Even so, this is a circle the wagons game for VT. If the Hokies lose, they start the ACC 0-2 and will have a hard time getting bowl eligible (in addition to their ACC schedule VT plays @ND).

Yeah, as the tOSU fan advocates for a Wisconsin team with a second rate quarterback. Give me a break.

Georgia needs to power through the rest of a very difficult schedule and if they're 12-1 and after the SECCG then they can make their argument. Let's see how the second best team in the ACC plays this weekend at South Bend after coming from behind to beat ODU !

Other than UGA fans, did a single person come away thinking ND looked like a better team than Wisconsin on Saturday? Would be tough to imagine. Badgers' "second rate QB" is completing 77% of his passes with zero INTs and a passer rating of 176.6, by the way.

I'm just glad UGA's "second rate QB" couldn't stand his home state racist Dawg fans, and the Buckeyes get to enjoy two years of a video game cheat code QB because of it.

WF is the 2nd best team in the ACC.

UVA will hang with ND this weekend. Bronco will make the Irish earn it.

Really hard to know where Duke is.

They "held" Bama to season lows in points, yards and yards per play. Duke dominated both NC A&T (ranked in FCS) and MTSU (Duke beat MTSU by more than Michigan, but what does that mean). QB Quentin Harris (who played well last year when Daniel Jones was hurt, including a win at Baylor) has played really well for Duke (73%/ 8 TDs/2 Picks; leading rusher -- 6 ypc). Duke has been more impressive than VT to start the year, and Cutcliffe appears to have the coaching edge over Fuente (both teams have had week off). Even so, this is a circle the wagons game for VT. If the Hokies lose, they start the ACC 0-2 and will have a hard time getting bowl eligible (in addition to their ACC schedule VT plays @ND).

Also took Duke -5.5 season wins. Not feeling too confident about it. Feeling better about Ole Miss -5.5 after their 2 OOC losses and rough SEC schedule. And of course, our Deacs +6.

Other than UGA fans, did a single person come away thinking ND looked like a better team than Wisconsin on Saturday? Would be tough to imagine. Badgers' "second rate QB" is completing 77% of his passes with zero INTs and a passer rating of 176.6, by the way.

I'm just glad UGA's "second rate QB" couldn't stand his home state racist Dawg fans, and the Buckeyes get to enjoy two years of a video game cheat code QB because of it.

I guess every AP voter thinks Georgia is better than Wisconsin. On Saturday or any day. It's cute that you won't admit that the B1G is a total dogshit league. Yeah, it's no SEC East, but when your biggest game of the year against the team that's been pumped up by the media for months is a foregone conclusion in September, your schedule blows.

I guess every AP voter thinks Georgia is better than Wisconsin. On Saturday or any day. It's cute that you won't admit that the B1G is a total dogshit league. Yeah, it's no SEC East, but when your biggest game of the year against the team that's been pumped up by the media for months is a foregone conclusion in September, your schedule blows.

Huh? I was obviously stating that Wisconsin is better than ND, not UGA (you have ND higher because you're a UGA fan that wants to prop up the win). I have no clue what your last sentence even means.

The B1G has 4 top 15 teams currently. It's the 2nd best conf behind the SEC, and no one else is even close.

Sorry, was multitasking, poorly.

ND better than U of W for sure. Michigan is just plain bad. I gave them the benefit of the doubt against Army, but they're pathetic.

MSU has no business being ranked and Michingan will surely fall out of the rankings once they lose at Iowa.

Last edited:
You have to have 25 teams in the Top 25. I think that is a rule.

You can't just put all of the SEC in there. You'd have extra spots.

I guess one of those spots could be for ND. And maybe you throw Wake a bone at 25.

Arkansas lost to San Jose State on Saturday. That is pathetic.

Until that win over an SEC team, San Jose State was 1-21 in its last 22 games against FBS schools and had lost 26 straight games over 13 seasons to Power V schools (most of those loses to crappy Pac-12 teams). The SEC has a handful of good teams, but that conference has more than an handful of really bad teams (Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee Vandy, S Carolina that have invested millions in coaches salaries and facilities only to be awful.

Sorry to double post, but Houston's QB D'Eriq King, who was on several college POY watchlists is leaving the program. Dana Holgerson left WV in a bad state and he is now taking Houston down.

Sorry to double post, but Houston's QB D'Eriq King, who was on several college POY watchlists is leaving the program. Dana Holgerson left WV in a bad state and he is now taking Houston down.

So good that he started in front of undefeated UF QB (and Heisman darkhorse) Kyle Trask in high school.

Back