• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

State only gained 100 yards in the 2nd half against Ball State. They would've been in trouble, but the Pack scored second half TDs on a punt return and a blocked punt. State has looked soft against WV and Ball State each of the last two weeks. Against a very soft schedule McKay has 3 TD passes in 4 games. In ESPN's QBR ratings, Mckay is rated 115th in FBS. Not good.

I was there. McKay wasn't good. The boo birds came out early. State put the backup (Hockman? lefty) in for one series, and he was effective but threw a pick that wasn't his fault - hit Hines I think in the hands. McKay was back next series and I think played the remainder of the game. I didn't think so at the beginning of the season, but I now expect Wake to beat State.

Has an athlete ever transferred back to a program? In any sport?

Indiana's starting nose tackle Juan Harris left IU after his freshman year for a juco, complaining about the fit not being right or something vague like that. It was not a question of grades and he was not kicked off the team.

After a year in juco, he reconnected with the IU staff, mended fences, and signed with IU for the second time.

Incredibly, this episode is only a small part of his long recruiting history. The list below is from the Iowa board which chronicled his journey:

Juan Harris Timeline

9/1/13 - plays freshman year of football in Chicago at Notre Dame College Prep
4/15/14 - moves to Wisconsin and attends Janesville Parker
9/20/14 - moves to Iowa and attends North Fayette Valley. After sitting out due to transfer, plays in the playoffs & wins state title
12/1/14 - commits to Iowa for the 1st time after the Hawkeyes offer
1/2/15 - decommits from Iowa for the 1st time
1/18/15 - commits to Iowa for the 2nd time after attending junior day
5/16/15 - decommits from Iowa for the 2nd time
6/25/15 - commits to Iowa for the 3rd time
6/15/16 - decommits from Iowa for the 3rd time
6/25/16 - transfers back to Janesville Parker for his senior year
7/22/16 - commits to Indiana
10/16/16 - decommits from Indiana
11/24/16 - commits to Indiana for the 2nd time
1/23/17 - enrolls in classes at Indiana
9/1/17 - plays in Indiana's first 3 games before suffering season ending injury, receives medical redshirt
4/4/18 - announces he is leaving Indiana and will transfer
8/1/18 - enrolls at Independence Community College & plays 2018 season at JUCO level
12/19/18 - commits to Indiana for the 3rd time overall and signs national letter of intent with Indiana for the 2nd time

McElroy says undefeated Deacs should roll at BC on drive time ESPNU radio.

This Houston story blows my mind. Are King and the WR really both planning to quit on their senior season and restart again next year? If I was a fellow classmate of theirs I would make it my mission to end their careers every day in practice.

Last edited:
This Houston story blows my mind. Are King and the WR really both planning to quit on their senior season and restart again next year? If I was a fellow classmate of theirs I would make it my mission to end their careers every day in practice.

Guessing that they will assess their NFL prospects as it appears each thinks that there is no point in getting hurt playing for a coach that they obviously don't like. If NFL teams have a lack of interest, they will grad transfer. Can't imagine that either will ever play for Houston again.

Last edited:
He's in a race against the clock and his professors to graduate this fall though. Otherwise, he's going to be stuck there for another semester (or quarter or whatever) and unable to participate in spreing practice at a new school.

I guess he thought all of that through, but it sure would be funny if he didn't.

lol

Yeah, I don't get it either. I was so confused initially, I started searching for the injury that led him to this decision. It took an empty search to figure out that there was no injury - he just doesn't like how the season is going I guess.

He's in a race against the clock and his professors to graduate this fall though. Otherwise, he's going to be stuck there for another semester (or quarter or whatever) and unable to participate in spreing practice at a new school.

I guess he thought all of that through, but it sure would be funny if he didn't.

Yeah that’s the only way this makes sense. No way they are coming back.

I’d hope that Holgerson informs them that they will be running every scout team drill against the 1st team D for the rest of the season. No red/green jerseys. If they decline, yank their scholarships.

Yeah that’s the only way this makes sense. No way they are coming back.

I’d hope that Holgerson informs them that they will be running every scout team drill against the 1st team D for the rest of the season. No red/green jerseys. If they decline, yank their scholarships.

I agree that they are not coming back; however right now they are saying they are planning to come back, and Holgerson is essentially saying this is his idea

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-events-leading-UH-s-D-Eriq-King-14465614.php

“All indications are he’s not going into the transfer portal,” Holgorsen said. “So if he’s not in the transfer portal, it’s kind of against NCAA rules and regulations to be pursuing that, so to speak. I’ve got no reason to believe … I’ve never got the impression that D’Eriq is leading me astray at anything the last nine months.”

Asked if he expects King to be his starting quarterback for the 2020 opener, Holgorsen said: “I have no reason to think that wouldn’t be the case.”

“The NCAA is probably upset with me right now, because this wasn’t the intent of the rule,” Holgorsen said. “Four games is four games, and we can use it however we want to use it.”

I think they're off the team and the 'ships will be handed to early enrollee in January. Coach Holg can take hold of the program and bring in his players. If King doesn't have his degree by Christmas, then break out the checkbook for the spring semester.

I think they're off the team and the 'ships will be handed to early enrollee in January. Coach Holg can take hold of the program and bring in his players. If King doesn't have his degree by Christmas, then break out the checkbook for the spring semester.

These guys should have a very good grasp on how likely the are to graduate in December. Simple math. Credit hours earned by Sep 1plus credit hours enrolled for current semester. Is that number equal to or greater than the credit hours needed to graduate?

In order to be a graduate transfer, you have to graduate. No graduation in December, no transfer for spring practice with your new team.

More rats leave the Titanic.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee linebackers Will Ignont and Shanon Reid and wide receiver Jacquez Jones have left the team.

Volunteers coach Jeremy Pruitt confirmed the exits of all three players Wednesday, one day after multiple reports indicated Reid and Jones had entered the transfer portal.

Ignont, a junior from Huntsville, Alabama, started two of Tennessee's first three games and made 16 tackles but didn't play Saturday in a 34-3 loss to No. 9 Florida.

Reid, a junior from Fort Myers, Florida, had made 11 tackles in a reserve role. Jones, a sophomore from Clearwater, Florida, had one carry for nine yards.

Five players have now left Tennessee's team since the start of the season. Wide receiver Jordan Murphy and defensive back Terrell Bailey departed after a season-opening 38-30 loss to 26-point underdog Georgia State.

None of the players were recruited by Pruitt.

Tennessee (1-3, 0-1 SEC) has this week off before hosting No. 3 Georgia (4-0, 1-0) on Oct. 5.

More rats leave the Titanic.

You have to think Mr. Currie has a sly grin on his face to see the absolute crumbling of Tennessee football while WF would wipe them clean on the field of football.

UT fans got what they wanted in Philly Fulmer boy and I could see him being like Snyder is to the Skins in being an overbearing controlling AD. Good luck to Jeremy on the 3-4 year build as hard to bounce back when you have to go against Bama, lsu, Auburn, UGA, UK, and other SEC teams when you are losing to Ga state and getting absolutely destroyed by a soso Florida team. Fun times in Knoxville and hope Mr. Fulmer is enjoying all the fan mail!

You have to think Mr. Currie has a sly grin on his face to see the absolute crumbling of Tennessee football while WF would wipe them clean on the field of football.

UT fans got what they wanted in Philly Fulmer boy and I could see him being like Snyder is to the Skins in being an overbearing controlling AD. Good luck to Jeremy on the 3-4 year build as hard to bounce back when you have to go against Bama, lsu, Auburn, UGA, UK, and other SEC teams when you are losing to Ga state and getting absolutely destroyed by a soso Florida team. Fun times in Knoxville and hope Mr. Fulmer is enjoying all the fan mail!

Clawson, too.

Back