• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Former Sweetheart Coach of the Midwest Pat Fitzgerald in non-defensive matter of fact mode after Wisconsin's next opponent scored 10 points against Michigan State on Saturday. Also lost to Stanford 17-7.

Sorry to double post, but Houston's QB D'Eriq King, who was on several college POY watchlists is leaving the program. Dana Holgerson left WV in a bad state and he is now taking Houston down.

Seems like a bitch move on the surface.

Sorry to double post, but Houston's QB D'Eriq King, who was on several college POY watchlists is leaving the program. Dana Holgerson left WV in a bad state and he is now taking Houston down.

Holy Shit, WTF ?

Holgerson was losing his mind onthe sideline on Thursday night. I guess King recognized a dumpster fire and decided to preserve his redshirt. Maybe he can go to Missouri and succeed Kelly Bryant. TCU was in on his recruitment but he was afraid of being moved to WR.

That’s a shocker. And so early in the season.
I thought Houston was going to be an offensive juggernaut this year. Not anymore.

Sounds like State was pretty rough against Ball St on Saturday, especially at QB. Outgained 417-389. Gave up 333 yards passing.

"McKay went 1-for-8 for one passing yard in the final two quarters, missed multiple open receivers and threw his first pick of the season in the fourth quarter -- which was bailed out by the defense and special teams. While McKay did enough to prove himself at the end of the second quarter, the lackluster performance in the second half apart from a rushing TD on a seven-yard drive likely keeps the battle raging into Florida State."

Also, they have a RS JR team captain TE who was injured and is out for the year.

King says he's not the only one on the team considering this.

Yikes.

Unintended consequences of the play 4 games and then redshirt rule? If you are a senior, why not just play 4 games and then decide to move on for one more year if your team sucks or your playing time diminishes. We're getting closer and closer to outright free agency in college football.

Sounds like State was pretty rough against Ball St on Saturday, especially at QB. Outgained 417-389. Gave up 333 yards passing.

"McKay went 1-for-8 for one passing yard in the final two quarters, missed multiple open receivers and threw his first pick of the season in the fourth quarter -- which was bailed out by the defense and special teams. While McKay did enough to prove himself at the end of the second quarter, the lackluster performance in the second half apart from a rushing TD on a seven-yard drive likely keeps the battle raging into Florida State."

Also, they have a RS JR team captain TE who was injured and is out for the year.

Ball State has a damn good QB. Doesn’t surprise me one bit.

State only gained 100 yards in the 2nd half against Ball State. They would've been in trouble, but the Pack scored second half TDs on a punt return and a blocked punt. State has looked soft against WV and Ball State each of the last two weeks. Against a very soft schedule McKay has 3 TD passes in 4 games. In ESPN's QBR ratings, Mckay is rated 115th in FBS. Not good.

Last edited:

King is now saying he “plans to” stay at UH and play for them next year. This after his father said he was leaving.

If I wanted to work out in the athletic facilities while I graduated to retain eligibility to transfer somewhere else to play football, I suppose I might say that I planned to stay there the following year.

King is now saying he “plans to” stay at UH and play for them next year. This after his father said he was leaving.

If I wanted to work out in the athletic facilities while I graduated to retain eligibility to transfer somewhere else to play football, I suppose I might say that I planned to stay there the following year.

Now says he's transferring.

?

Holgerson was losing his mind onthe sideline on Thursday night. I guess King recognized a dumpster fire and decided to preserve his redshirt. Maybe he can go to Missouri and succeed Kelly Bryant. TCU was in on his recruitment but he was afraid of being moved to WR.

I'm not recalling Holgs having a transfer issue at WVU. I doubt he's changed.

Ben Hartsock went in pretty hard on Gattis this morning.

Didn't realize that Gattis was the DC too. Wisconsin ran for 359 yards and would've scored 40+ if they hadn't shut it down in the 2nd half. Michigan's problems go way beyond the OC.

Back