• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how anyone can rank ND ahead of Florida. Florida has played a much tougher schedule; the Gators have a top 10 win (over Auburn), ND does not, and Florida has a better loss (LSU) than ND (UGA).

IMO, Ohio State’s dismantling of Cincy is more impressive than anything Bama has done.

1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Penn State
6. Clemson
7. Georgia
8. Florida
9. Auburn
10. Utah

Ohio State is the best team in the country right now and I'm not sure it's close. I'd put them tier 1, Alabama tier 1.5 then everyone else at least tier 2.

I'm not convinced Notre Dame is even a top 15 team but they did beat a USC team that Utah lost to so I can understand why that last spot is open to criticism.

I've seen Justin Fields against the Alabama defense. It wasn't good.

I’m trying to figure out who to cheer for in the playoff race. I’m tired of the Bama/Clemson/OSU/OU monotony. But don’t want anything good ever to happen to penn state. I guess LSU all the way?

I've seen Justin Fields against the Alabama defense. It wasn't good.

You saw him in a Kirby Smart, boring “pro-style” offense and dumb AF trick plays, not a Ryan Day juggernaut offense that turned a relatively mediocre Dwayne Haskins into the best statistical QB in B1G history.

Saw this on Twitter & Reddit... The ACC Coastal Circle of Suck is complete and it's still October.

Duke beat VT (45-10)
Pitt beat Duke (33-30)
UVA beat Pitt (30-14)
Miami beat UVA (17-9)
GT beat Miami (28-21 OT)
UNC beat GT (38-22)
And then VT beat UNC (43-41 6OT)

I think the entire ACC is a toss-up in every game, outside of Clemson... But the Coastal is truly abysmal.

I’m trying to figure out who to cheer for in the playoff race. I’m tired of the Bama/Clemson/OSU/OU monotony. But don’t want anything good ever to happen to penn state. I guess LSU all the way?

Root for us. Root for all those teams to get two losses.

Saw this on Twitter & Reddit... The ACC Coastal Circle of Suck is complete and it's still October.

Duke beat VT (45-10)
Pitt beat Duke (33-30)
UVA beat Pitt (30-14)
Miami beat UVA (17-9)
GT beat Miami (28-21 OT)
UNC beat GT (38-22)
And then VT beat UNC (43-41 6OT)

I think the entire ACC is a toss-up in every game, outside of Clemson... But the Coastal is truly abysmal.

I think UVA or Pitt would both be very, very serious challengers for #2 in the Atlantic, and UVA’s loss to Miami (which completes that circle) was kind of a fluke.

Most expensive loss ever ?

If Jalen Hurts wins the Heisman, do all good QB´s just transfer to Oklahoma from now on? Does anyone ever realize that the Big 12 doesn´t play defense, so the numbers look really good by comparison to everyone else?

Seriously though, Lawrence´s numbers are down, Tua may miss some games, and Jonathan Taylor is a RB, who only win when there are no good QB´s. Can anyone save us?

Burrow and Fields certainly in the conversation. Possibly Dobbins & Etienne if they continue to run wild. Oh, and Newman after he throws for 400 and beats Clemson.

Updated Heisman odds:

1. Joe Burrow +170
2. Jalen Hurts +185
3. Tua +360 (he was the favorite until his high ankle sprain)
4. Justin Fields +1000
5. Jonathan Taylor +1900
6. Justin Herbert +6000
6. Jerry Jeudy +6000
8. JK Dobbins +8500

Cutting against Tua, no Heisman winner has missed a game since Charlie Ward in 1993 (Ward hurt his ribs against WF, and missed the Maryland game).

This has been/will be talked to death, but the QB carousel of these guys is still crazy.

Burrow can't beat out Haskins, so he goes to LSU.
Hurts can't beat out Tua so he goes to OU.
Fields can't beat out Fromm so he goes to OSU.

The transfer portal is going to continue to make this more common, but I'm not sure we'll ever see another year with this much elite transfer QB talent.

It feels like everything these days as far as poll rankings and the Heisman race is a beauty contest, especially since the Heisman occurs before the playoff even starts. So based on the results of the interviews on world peace and the swimsuit competition, here are my contenders.

Heisman - 1) Burrow 2) Fields 3) Tua ( but gonna drop for missing a game) 4) Hurts 5) Taylor 6) nobody else has a chance

Polls - 1) Ohio St. 2) Alabama 3) LSU 4) Clemson 5) Oklahoma 6) doesn't really matter unless all the first 5 lose a game along the way

Challenges left 1) Alabama v LSU and AUburn 2) LSU v Alabama and Auburn 3) SEC Championship game upset who ever makes it from the West 4) Ohio St. v Wisconsin, and Penn St. and Michigan and a BIG 10 championship upset 5) Florida v Georgia and the SEC Championship game 6) Clemson vs the pollsters and a weak schedule 7) ND vs the pollsters and a weak schedule. 8) Oklahoma v any kind of upset and the pollsters because of their weak conference and suspect defense

Back