• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

So two-loss Iowa State lost at home to a Sunbelt team by 17 and jumps Georgia who led at Alabama at halftime.

I get it, but I'd say (right or wrong) that is largely based on the amount of teams in front of UGA in the SEC (Bama, A&M, UF) and the fact that UGA's schedule has been dogshit after the loss to UF in what was basically an elimination game.

Nobody gives a shit about UGA at this point because they can't get to the SEC Championship, they have two losses, and there is no path to the playoff. Wins over a 2-6 Miss St (tight) and 2-8 SCar aren't going to impress anyone.

Is UGA better than Iowa State? Probably... But the Big 12 Champion (potentially) is sexier than the 4th best team in the SEC.

I get it, but I'd say (right or wrong) that is largely based on the amount of teams in front of UGA in the SEC (Bama, A&M, UF) and the fact that UGA's schedule has been dogshit after the loss to UF in what was basically an elimination game.

Nobody gives a shit about UGA at this point because they can't get to the SEC Championship, they have two losses, and there is no path to the playoff. Wins over a 2-6 Miss St (tight) and 2-8 SCar aren't going to impress anyone.

Is UGA better than Iowa State? Probably... But the Big 12 Champion (potentially) is sexier than the 4th best team in the SEC.

UGA is gonna have to get used to the fact that they are once again going to be second dog in SEC East as Dan Mullins is moving Florida back on top for what looks like second coming of Spurrier. Smart really isn't a whole lot different than Richt as you can win 10 every year but then lose to Florida and not make championship game.

tOSU is getting in if they're undefeated, unless Florida beats Bama and Clemson beats ND. Do we think the committee wants to see another 30 point Bama/A&M beat down?

I guess it would be good for the Deacs if Clemson/ND get in, but I hope either ND wins again and knocks Dabo off his high horse, or loses by 40 and misses the playoff.

UGA is gonna have to get used to the fact that they are once again going to be second dog in SEC East as Dan Mullins is moving Florida back on top for what looks like second coming of Spurrier. Smart really isn't a whole lot different than Richt as you can win 10 every year but then lose to Florida and not make championship game.

Whatever dude.

tOSU is getting in if they're undefeated, unless Florida beats Bama and Clemson beats ND. Do we think the committee wants to see another 30 point Bama/A&M beat down?

I guess it would be good for the Deacs if Clemson/ND get in, but I hope either ND wins again and knocks Dabo off his high horse, or loses by 40 and misses the playoff.

Clemson or Alabama will beat the living shit out of Ohio State.

The media has been on Matt Campbell's and Brock Purdy's jocks for seemingly forever and this is their highwater mark. They're talking about firing Tom Herman because Texas lost to this team by three points.

I don't care THAT much about where Georgia is ranked but the ass kissing Iowa State is getting is pathetic. Let any other team in the nation roll into Tuscaloosa or Jacksonville with a fourth string quarterback and a new OC and see what happens. Additionally, Georgia now has an actual decent quarterback starting (third starting QB this year) and the offense looks a lot better. Hopefully they TCB against Missouri. Daniels' only decent opponenet would appear to be whoever the Dawgs play in a bowl game. Unfortunately, I think a lot of guys are going to opt out of bowl games this year CFB-wide.

Maybe Troy will cancel on Coastal and The Ohio State University can come on down to Conway.

Not this year of course, but not an entirely ridiculous scenario down the road.
At some point the NCAA (or whoever is running the thing) either goes to an 8-team playoff, or reserves some season-ending scheduling flexibility so games like the aforementioned above can be put together on the last weekend of the regular season to enhance (or eliminate) a team's chances to make the 4-team playoff.

Ohio State isn't as good as everyone is making them out to be. They deserve no benefit of the doubt from the committee or any preferential treatment from the Big Ten.

Iowa State being ranked 7th is the most laughable thing I've seen in sports in 2020. A 17 pt home loss to Lafayette, and to a currently nosediving Ok State and their best wins against shitty Texas and Oklahoma. If they even sniff the playoff while an undefeated Cincinnati doesn't the committee should be disbanded.

The fact that Texas A&M has an inside track to the playoff is also a joke, but not nearly as bad as the Cyclones having a shot.

Lastly, LMFAO at any UGA fans out there who are dumb enough to think they deserve to even be mentioned at this point in the season. Your best win was against 5-4 Auburn. Sit down.

Ohio State isn't as good as everyone is making them out to be. They deserve no benefit of the doubt from the committee or any preferential treatment from the Big Ten.

Iowa State being ranked 7th is the most laughable thing I've seen in sports in 2020. A 17 pt home loss to Lafayette, and to a currently nosediving Ok State and their best wins against shitty Texas and Oklahoma. If they even sniff the playoff while an undefeated Cincinnati doesn't the committee should be disbanded.

The fact that Texas A&M has an inside track to the playoff is also a joke, but not nearly as bad as the Cyclones having a shot.

Lastly, LMFAO at any UGA fans out there who are dumb enough to think they deserve to even be mentioned at this point in the season. Your best win was against 5-4 Auburn. Sit down.

Nah, it's all about next year at this point.

So much to cover from the last few posts...

I'm a UF fan and even I'm not THAT excited about "Dan Mullins"

I don't get the complaining about where teams are ranked... After Bama, ND, Clemson, and OSU, who gives a shit? Yeah, A&M probably isn't that good. But you know what? Neither is UF. Neither is UGA. Neither is Iowa State. If you move a team down, somebody else has to move up.

Losses matter. I don't care that UGA was beating Alabama at halftime. Arkansas was beating UGA at halftime. Doesn't matter.

We don't know if Ohio State is good. We don't know how they'd do against Alabama or Notre Dame or Clemson. What we do know is that the rest of the teams in these rankings would likely lose to those three teams. OSU is more of an unknown, and of course they are getting the benefit of the doubt due to reputation.

Glad to hear JT Daniels has resurrected the UGA offense in wins over Miss St and South Carolina. Nobody cares. Nobody will care until they play a decent team... Which won't happen until next season.

I know that Ohio State is not good. I also know they haven't played enough games to get better. Really hoping for a Alabama - tOSu matchup in the first round if tOSU makes the playoff, with a rubber match between Clemson and ND as the 2 & 3 seeds.

And I can only imagine what they would have done to IU (against whom Justin Fields threw 3 INTs).

You mean the Bama team that gave up 48 to Ole Miss or the Clemson team that was down 18 to BC? No one's perfect. tOSU was up 28 in the 2nd half and started coasting vs a very good QB/WR corps.

Oh, and Indiana > UGA.

Assuming Clemson beats ND in the rematch, UF loses to Alabama in the SEC Championship, and OSU remains undefeated... Who are your 4 playoff teams, Biff?

Just curious.

As I stated, I'm not on the Ohio State bandwagon, but as a fan of watching college football I'd rather see what OSU could do instead of seeing Bama just wax A&M again.

No chance Notre Dame moves out of the Top 4 unless Clemson blows them off the field in Charlotte.

The computers love Clemson and ND even with one loss will still have the best win by far of any of other playoff contenders.

Assuming Clemson beats ND in the rematch, UF loses to Alabama in the SEC Championship, and OSU remains undefeated... Who are your 4 playoff teams, Biff?

Just curious.

As I stated, I'm not on the Ohio State bandwagon, but as a fan of watching college football I'd rather see what OSU could do instead of seeing Bama just wax A&M again.

Another question revolves around the seedings. If Clemson beats ND, Bama beats Florida and tOSU sneaks in, do Clemson and ND play again in the semis? Would be weird to have ND and Clemson play consecutive games against each other. Then again, it would be messed up to have a tOSU team with 5 wins (against middling Big 10 teams) seeded ahead of another team in the playoff.

Last edited:
No chance Notre Dame moves out of the Top 4 unless Clemson blows them off the field in Charlotte.

The computers love Clemson and ND even with one loss will still have the best win by far of any of other playoff contenders.

I don't know of anyone suggesting that ND won't make the playoff.

Just curious.

I assume it would be U of A, Clemson, ND, and tOSU. I'll watch, just to see how bad they lose.

But ultimately there are only three real competitors for the NC this year.

[tOSU will definitely win the NC now]

Back