• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Just saw where Chase Brice has transferred to App State, what's next if it doesn't work out there, Western Carolina, Gardner Webb?

Pretty incredible how horrific the last two Clemson QB transfers have been.

In 2019, Hunter Johnson, who was a 5 star QB prospect in HS picking Clemson over Bama and Florida, transferred to Northwestern, and where he started the first few games and was ultimately benched after NW's offense was historically bad. Then, this past year, Chase Brice transferred to Duke to play under QB whisperer, Coach Cut, and Brice led the ACC in turnovers and Duke to a 2-9 season. Guess Trevor Lawrence's greatness didn't rub off on those that played behind him. Taking it back to Kelly Bryant, even his performance at Mizzou failed to meet expectations.

Dallas-Fort Worth will host five bowl games in nine days.

AT&T Stadium also will host the Cotton Bowl on Dec. 30 between Florida and Oklahoma, followed by the relocated Rose Bowl semifinal on Jan. 1 between No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Notre Dame.

Attendance at both games will be capped at 17,815, according to a Cotton Bowl official.

The relocated New Mexico Bowl Thursday will have attendance capped at 4,000 in nearby Frisco. The First Responder Bowl in Dallas Dec. 26 will be capped at 6,500, and the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth Dec. 31 will be capped at 9,000.

Crowson has noted Arlington has had “no evidence of outbreaks” associated with games there.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...allas-fort-worth-despite-covid-19/4021681001/

I'll pretty much watch at least the last few minutes of any football game (h.s., college, pro) regardless of teams or stakes, as long as it's competitive. But man, these bowl games haven't been close, for the most part settled by half-time. It does seem that Wake's bowl games often come down to the last possession or two, so maybe that will be the case again this year, which is good for a little extra media attention.

Wake bowl games received high marks for excitement in Clawson's first three years. The A&M game was at the top.

With Smith the favorite followed by Jones, Lawrence then Trask.

If Randy Moss in 97, Larry Fitzgerald in 03, and Ndomukong Suh in 09 weren’t good enough to win best player in CFB as a non-QB, non-RB, then I’m not sure Smith is this year. Defenses had to stop 1 player on that Pitt team and couldn’t; they certainly can’t approach Alabama and Davonta Smith that way.

I’ll admit I have a little “if Babe Ruth wasn’t first ballot, then nobody is” approach to it.

If Randy Moss in 97, Larry Fitzgerald in 03, and Ndomukong Suh in 09 weren’t good enough to win best player in CFB as a non-QB, non-RB, then I’m not sure Smith is this year. Defenses had to stop 1 player on that Pitt team and couldn’t; they certainly can’t approach Alabama and Davonta Smith that way.

I’ll admit I have a little “if Babe Ruth wasn’t first ballot, then nobody is” approach to it.

If you have a Heisman finalist throwing it to another Heisman finalist I’m not sure either should win it.

The only QB I’ve watched extensively is Kyle Trask and he put up monster numbers, that I thought would put him higher in the conversation.

Trevor Lawrence is the best player of the four overall but I don’t think his numbers this year specifically justify it.

Charles Woodson won it in 97 though.

Also that approach is really really dumb when you are comparing players in a single season.

With Smith the favorite followed by Jones, Lawrence then Trask.

Just relaying the odds since it is sometimes not given to the "best player."
I think Lawrence is best player but missed two games, Mac is benefactor of the roster so my vote would go to Trask. Imho.

Dang, another gun tragedy. Utah Utes RB Ty Jordan, Pac-12 Offensive Freshman of the Year, dies, accidental self inflicted gunshot.

Also that approach is really really dumb when you are comparing players in a single season.

I don’t deny that. I think my point is that winning the Heisman as a non QB/RB takes a once-in-a-generation special season and I’m not sure that even 1-2 years from now I’ll remember davonta smith any differently from the line of Julio jones, amari cooper, Calvin Ridley, jerry jeudy, etc

I don’t deny that. I think my point is that winning the Heisman as a non QB/RB takes a once-in-a-generation special season and I’m not sure that even 1-2 years from now I’ll remember davonta smith any differently from the line of Julio jones, amari cooper, Calvin Ridley, jerry jeudy, etc

Sure but it’s not like Chris Weinke or Mark Ingram or Jason White are worth remembering more than Davonta Smith.

Back