• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The BB team captain is......

Not to derail the argument you're still having in your head about the Prosser hire in 2001, but Matta is from Illinois.

I was referring to the fact Matta coached the Butler team that defeated Odom in the 2001 tournament. I was agreeing that Matta would have been a good hire by making the joke that Matta should have come back to Winston with Wellman instead of Odom.

Why would you think I was talking about Matta's home state? Prosser wasn't from NC.

I was trying to figure out what you were trying to say as well. That joke was one only inside your own head, I think.

Not a hard joke to understand. Matta and Odom coached against each other. Odom made the trip back.

matta would have left for ohio state the same offseason bzzz got the boot in denver and we woulda been in year 10 of the unwiped ass era

Not a hard joke to understand. Matta and Odom coached against each other. Odom made the trip back.

I was joking last week about calling you black-rj, but you aren't helping your case right now.

I think this story is about to get weirder

well-we-re-waiting-o.gif

Ph's post made total sense and is hardly the first time that has been brought up. What I don't understand is the Illinois post.

Many (most?) MLB teams don't have captains.

that's pitcher vs batter, catcher vs runners. no offense to anyone who plays or enjoys the sport... but outside of your 3-4 turns in the batters box, there is nothing you can do but wait and play defense. a baseball captain has very little opportunity to "take over a game" and "will a win" such as in football, basketball, hockey, soccer, etc.

When the referees ask for the captains to come to mid court pregame, will our entire team go?

When the referees ask for the captains to come to mid court pregame, will our entire team go?

I guess we'll have game by game captains designated by Bz according to who's. " been practicing really well lately" or some shit.

Shouldn't blame Bzd for scrambling to name a captain after the unanimous choice, Daniel Green, was injured.

Back