• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The BB team captain is......

Tanner Price and Travis McKie should room together.

Mediocre to above average players, who both been overhyped by our fan base. They are also both good at doing a select number of things, but have to be in a beneficial situation to remotely succeed.

Sounds about right.

"I've sat in on lectures about this new generation. OK, what really makes them think the way they do, and how best can I bring out the best in them? It was different when I grew up in the 60s. I walked into practice the other day. I love Stevie Nicks. And Travis (McKie) or somebody asked me 'Coach, what did you do last night?' I said Stevie Nicks was on TV, I was watching her. She's 65. And he goes 'Who?' So, my point is, it's just different."

- [Redacted] on trying to bridge the generation gap

Is this a joke? He has sat in on lectures? Does he think this is helping? 'Aw shucks' doesn't work when you are recruiting 18 year old kids.

At what point in our program are we going to have upperclassman that are worthy of [Redacted]'s culture standards? I can already see the excuses for this year.

We don't have a scholarship senior on next year's team....

Wellman: "We cannot fairly judge Coach [Redacted]'s impact on our program until we have finished a season with a senior scholarship captain that he recruited. Anything less would be bowing down to the crazy bandwagon fans".

Oh, wow.

I just got a PM from BallStateDeac, based on a conversation that he had with RedSoxFaithful (as told to him by Say Hey Deac), that it wasn't [Redacted]'s daughter, but rather an illicit rendezvous between Travis and Nina [Redacted] herself (!) that stands between Travis and captain.

Insiders, please feel free to verify this rumor, so that we may direct our hostility in the right direction and know, once and for all, whether our illustrious Buzz's decision to shaft Travis was indeed the right one!

Awesome.

Who came up with the "if momma aint happy, nobody is happy" tag last year? Looks like Travis delivered!

Also, nice use of the word "shaft" in the prior post.

Mediocre to above average players, who both been overhyped by our fan base. They are also both good at doing a select number of things, but have to be in a beneficial situation to remotely succeed.

Sounds about right.

I guess the whole talent development thing is on the players, too. It's remarkable what even decent coaching staffs can do for guys who play at a well above average level as freshmen.

"You'll have to ask them."

This should not be a surprise...I believe I have posted on this forum many times that Travis is not a leader, and that is not slighting Travis at all. We, as fans, expect him to be one because he has been here for four years and because he is a talented athlete, but some people are just not cut out to be a leader nor do they want the responsibility that positions requires.

All I want is for Travis to have a good season and make an All-ACC team.

That's not going to cut it. Then, put him as an honorary captain with two leaders. The players will understand.

Shafting a senior who has put up with the level of dog, horse, and human shit as Travis has doesn't deserve this. I saw LK's posts on the other board, but I don't buy it. It's just a sign of disrespect.

If you want to tell me that Travis is cool with it, then fine (or if any of the insiders care to go into any specifics as to what Travis has possibly done wrong over the years), but until then, I just feel embarrassed for Buzz. No man should have to endure his wife sleeping with the star of his own basketball team.

There are a variety of ways to display leadership. In this era of unwiped ass/[Redacted], sticking around for four years and being consistently steady more than qualifies. If McKie isn't connecting with the Super 7 rah rah bullshit, I don't blame him at all. He's been through too much since he committed to buy into all that.

Think the insiders are too close to see this one clearly. (In my humble opinion!) Without a doubt, TITSWF is right: no matter how well he plays, when we inevitably start sucking, [Redacted] and the Athletic Department will passive-aggressively blame Dino's last recruit, i.e. Travis. I repeat: fuck this garbage dumpster of a program.

The referred to insiders have hardly been in [Redacted]'s corner these last three abysmal seasons.

I am 100% BuzzOut, and if this were anything like most of you are making it out to be, I would be outraged.

It is always possible that a player doesn't want to be a captain, doesn't want the pressure and added responsibilty, and is okay with this decision.

This should not be a surprise...I believe I have posted on this forum many times that Travis is not a leader, and that is not slighting Travis at all. We, as fans, expect him to be one because he has been here for four years and because he is a talented athlete, but some people are just not cut out to be a leader nor do they want the responsibility that positions requires.

All I want is for Travis to have a good season and make an All-ACC team.

This is consistent with what I've seen from Travis on the court over the last three years and I'm not surprised he wasn't named a captain.

They still could have voted on captains, though. I would think Devin and CMM would have been the likely choices. Of choice, it also would have been priceless if the players voted for the 5th year senior who has never played for Bz or a player who ends up transferring at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Chase was a captain last year and then transferred. The three captains were CJ, Travis, and Fischer.

I guess Travis just didn't want to be captain anymore.

None of this adds up unless we just want to assume that [Redacted] heard some crazy idea on his "coaching tour" and is just throwing shit at a wall now.

Back